Yet another Toronto Member

Ontario
moonstonemike

Yet another Toronto Member

Post by moonstonemike »

Hello everyone , just wanted to introduce myself.I've been a long time watcher of the site but just registered.I've had my new vibe about a month now and am enjoying it very much except for the fact I have to bring it in to fix a rattling heat shield and broken exhaust hanger.
Mavrik

Re: Yet another Toronto Member (moonstonemike)

Post by Mavrik »

welcome to the site and we like picsI used to live near toronto on the west side. now I live in alaska lol...anyway how did the shield/hanger break? did you hit something?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
moonstonemike

Re: Yet another Toronto Member (Mavrik)

Post by moonstonemike »

No I first started hearing a rattling that sounded like it was in the dash on the passanger side. It was only once and a while so I figured when it was more repeatable I would bring it in, then one day I heard a thump when I turned into my driveway. I check the back of the car a move the exhaust tip and see its hitting the bumper. I start to check which hanger is broken and when I work my way to the engine compartment I notice the heat shield just above the cat is hitting the firewall. That was the noise that sounded like it was inside the dash. So im bringing it in monday to fix those and get my 1 free oil and filter change.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

well at least it can be fixed. I had those intermit noises you can't seem to find.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Welcome to the site! Post some pics when you get a moment
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

welcome! we'll be in your neck of the woods in another week.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Sputnik

Re:

Post by Sputnik »

Welcome! yay! another Canadian!
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

welcome man!
- VORTECH SUPERCHARGER- GREDDY E-MANAGE BLUE- MSD IGNITION MAP SENSOR- RSM RACING CUSTOM FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE - RSM RACING CUSTOM CAT BACK EXHAUST - RSM RACING CUSTOM BIG BRAKE KIT- B&G LOWERING SPRINGS - ENKEI 18" RSV GUN METAL ROLLERS MACHINED LIP - SIRIUS SATTELLITE RADIO- ALPINE IVA-W200 2-DIN DVD/CD/AV Head Unit - ALPINE REAR FLIP DOWN MONITOR
moonstonemike

Post by moonstonemike »

Well I picked it up and according to the bill...Complaint:Correct exhaust shield rattles and tailpipe hitting bumperCause:Loose axle back exhaust boltsCorrection: Tighten axle back boltsHopefully this is the last thing I find that they Forgot to tighten.Oh forgot to mention before Its an 06 Base Vibe Moonstone /Graphite with Moonsoon System. The only things I've done to it so far is get a set of huskyliners floor liners and remove the vibe emblems. I ordered a set of custom seat covers from ebay and should be getting those this week.
Mavrik

Re: (moonstonemike)

Post by Mavrik »

just make sure your seats don't have air bags as those seat covers will restrict their deployment in the case of an accident requiring them to.