Vehicle Appraisal

Ontario
dennisdrive

Vehicle Appraisal

Post by dennisdrive »

Hi everyone .I wonder if anyone in the area of North York and GTA region would have an idea as to were one could get 'Vehicle Appraisal " done .I need to get my vibe appraised as i have applied for OSAP and they need this information . I have contacted several GM dealers and also few garages but to VAIN . Then i realized that this would be the best place to help . I would appreciate all answers to this . Thank you .
2004 Salsa Base ATPower PackageSports Package Rear Mid gate & Upper Spoiler.
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

couldn't you go to a dealer and pretend you are thinking of trading it in...then when they give you an amount, ask them to put it down on paper for you.et voila!the amount may be lower than your car is actually worth, but that may be to your favour with OSAP!
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
dennisdrive

Re: (Atomb)

Post by dennisdrive »

Hey Tom ,Thanks for the reply . OSAP require me to submit a written and signed appraisal .Hopefully i am able to get a dealer who is willing to do this .Even the dealer from whom i got the Vibe says that he isnt authorized to do it ,similar story with other dealers too . Do any fellow Gen Vibe members happen to know of any dealership or garage who will do this ?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

wow! that doesn't suprise me at all.... we had to deal with so much crap trying to get the right paperwork signed by so and so when we were immigrating Phil in from Ontario! (removed) is up with that?? it's almost like they make it impossible for you to get the correct signatures and paperwork!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
jake75

Re: (dennisdrive)

Post by jake75 »

Perhaps a used car dealer would be more cooperative - especially for a small fee, say $20.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
jake75

Re: (jake75)

Post by jake75 »

Also - need to specify if the value you need is wholesale or retail I would think with that noted in the appraisal.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
jake75

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by jake75 »

Just curious - does marriage to a U.S. citizen get someone in to the U.S. automatically; can Canadians freely immigarte to the U.S.? How hard is it for a U.S. person to immigrate to Canada?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

OT ALERT!Jake,either way you go, it's a ROYAL PITA! depending where you are immigrating to (US or Canada) it can take as few as 6 mos to 4 yrs! it took about 6 months for Phil because we immigrated him through our regional office (Anchorage) vs going through a more traveled or used office like CA or TX. those guys usually take 2-4 yrs to do the same thing. also, it's expensive. while they are immigrating, they cannot work in the US or even be here depending on HOW you do it. Phil came over on a different Visa first and then applied to stay here since we were married. We filed the pwk and got his work visa in about 2 weeks. then had to file for his SSN which took about a month or two (they input the wrong address so we had to do it twice). after that, he got to work while waiting for his temp green card (haven't been married 2 yrs so it's a temp status for 2 yrs and you have to apply again w/in 90 days of it expiring). took a total of about 6-8 mos to get ALL the necessary docs and his residency status OK'd and back. however, doing this exact same thing and immigrating someone OUTSIDE the US (not already here on a visa), the immigrant cannot ENTER into the US until they have their paperwork or you have filed for a special Spousal Visa. Then you can file the work Visa once they arrive. That will take about 6 months just for the initial set of pwk before you can apply for the K Visa (another 6-9 mos) and then they can move here and you can apply for the work Visa (2-3 mos). we sorta looked at the Canadian side, but not too much since I have no plans to move to Canada unless the world completely falls apart! love to visit, but don't want to live there (as i love Alaska and prefer staying here). *Back on Topic*are there any auction houses that may be able to do a certified estimate?
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
vibe-04

OSAP ARE JERKS

Post by vibe-04 »

What happens if they say you have to sell your car?? What the heck is OSAP up to now. What a scam!Screw that: it's just paperwork. Go to a local garage, slip them a 20 and get a low balled appriasal. I've attached a form from Nova Scotia

Attached files vehicle-appraisal.pdf (73.7 KB) 
dennisdrive

Re: OSAP ARE JERKS (vibe-04)

Post by dennisdrive »

Thanks everyone for all the concern .This is one of the reasons i love Gen vibe . It is like a huge big family and every body looking out for each other . Thanks for sending the Nove Scotia form .Anyways ; i finally was able to locate a dealer who was able to help me . And the person who did the vehicle appraisal was the General Sales Manager by the name of Doug Dam and the dealer was Bob Bannerman(Dodge ) located on 888 don mills road , north york . The reason i am giving some much details about the dealer is that he initially said he would charge me $50 but upon knowing that i needed the appraisal he wavered the fee ; which was nice of him . Sometime i feel GM dealers suck big time . Every GM dealer i called they said No and had no clue to where i could get it done . Some even suggested Canadian tire .