where to buy wheels

Ontario
jeffbacon

where to buy wheels

Post by jeffbacon »

aside from Canadian Tire, where do people go to buy winter wheel (tire+rim) packages?who has a good selection of 16" rims? I don't want anything expensive, I just don't like hubcaps. (I'll also need wheels as I'm replacing the 17" wheels on the used Vibe I just bought)
48-remi

Re: where to buy wheels (jeffbacon)

Post by 48-remi »

Hi,Check http://www.tiretrends.com .They are in BC and have great prices.Kal Tire offers a "Core Racing Evo 7" 110 $ in 16 " rims. They have stores in northern ON.RémiCarlsbad Springs
Raven

Re: where to buy wheels (jeffbacon)

Post by Raven »

In Ottawa try Deals4Wheels. There's one just off Russell Road, one in Kanata and I think there's one on Merivale Rd. I bought my winter rims and tires there a few years ago.
jeffbacon

Post by jeffbacon »

Thanks, I found out there's already 16's on my Vibe but I'll have to buy winter wheels in the Fall and I might change the tires on these ones for ones w better grip.Any suggestions for good grip all weather tires that are not overly expensive?Are there usually winter tre sales in the Spring (or about now) with stores trying to unload thier stock?
Raven

Re: (jeffbacon)

Post by Raven »

Check these outhttp://www.discounttiredirect....manceFalken Ziex ZE-512 It works out to $80.00 Can. Have them delivered to The UPS Store in Ogdensburg. It will cost you $10.00 US to pick them up and PST and GST at customs. It's a 45 minute drive from Ottawa. I do it all the time. I bought my Falken FK-451 tires from them. The were in Ogdensburg in 4 days. Everybody here runs 15" winter tires 195/65/15, they work out to the same diameter as the stock 16". I have a set of 15" rims with Dunlop Graspic snow tires with 7/32 tread left. I'm selling them for $200.00 delivered to your door.
jeffbacon

Re: (Sunny)

Post by jeffbacon »

Quote, originally posted by Sunny » I have a set of 15" rims with Dunlop Graspic snow tires with 7/32 tread left. I'm selling them for $200.00 delivered to your door.Thanks, that sounds like a good deal but I realized I have no storage place for tires until I move into my new place in the fall so I better wait until then.
Benoit

Re: (Sunny)

Post by Benoit »

Quote, originally posted by Sunny » I have a set of 15" rims with Dunlop Graspic snow tires with 7/32 tread left. I'm selling them for $200.00 delivered to your door.I am interested by your rims and tires. Why are you selling them? If they are still for sale, you can email me at vibetogo@hotmail.com. I am in Hull.
Raven

Re: (Benoit)

Post by Raven »

Email sent.
48-remi

Post by 48-remi »

Last month I bought a set of Fast wheels from Deals4Wheels. 20 % off the list price in the Fast Wheel catalog. Great service + paid only 40 $ for install and balance. The store was the one on Belgreen, Hawthorne.RémiCarlsbad Springs
Stealth Vibe

Re: (48-remi)

Post by Stealth Vibe »

Hi. After 30K, the original OEM Goodyear GTAs on my Matrix, with 6/32 left, started to squeal every time I turned into my driveway. Sounded like I was coming in at 50 kph. According to Frisby, that's pretty common although the tire was less than half used, so personally, I wouldn't buy that tire again. I solved the problem by buying a new Vibe--it has the same tires!!!BTW, I have a set of 15" rims from my wife's 2003 Honda Civic in new condition (1500 km; she had to switch to new rims for her new Saturn).
Stealth Vibe in Ottawa