Taillamp Indicator Light (Canadian Vibes)

Ontario
shane_c

Taillamp Indicator Light (Canadian Vibes)

Post by shane_c »

I picked up my Vibe last night and on the way home noticed that the taillamp indicator light is on. It says in the manual that the light comes on when the taillamps are on. I thought the light would go out when I manually turned the lights on but it didn't. Is this normal? It's kind of annoying to have it lit up all the time.
2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

are you refering to that lightbulb in the cluster, i think its yellow? or is there a taillight one, ive never seen a tail light indicator light in the cluster. But that yellow light bulb just lights up when your headlights are on. the headlights are auto, so they will turn on when it get dark enough by them selves.
shane_c

Re: (northvibe)

Post by shane_c »

I believe it's green in colour and is just to the right of the base of the tach needle. It looks like this....

Attached files
2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD
Mavrik

Re: (shane_c)

Post by Mavrik »

I'll have to check that light on my 04... I have my fogs on all the time when my headlights are on so I'm used to the dash lights... wonder if thats what it is.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
shane_c

Re: (northvibe)

Post by shane_c »

Does the yellow light bulb stay on when you manually turn your lights on? Or is it only one if you have your daytime running lights on and it gets dark out?
Mavrik

Re: (shane_c)

Post by Mavrik »

that light indicates your headlights are on. If your headlamp switch is turned off and your seeing that light, its because the sensor detecting its dark has turned on the headlights. I checked my 04 on my lunch, thats what it is. When its daylight, turn on your lights and you'll see it. Turn off the lights and it will go out.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ill have to check my car tomorrow night for that light, im having deja vu staring at it......
2006Vibe

Re: Taillamp Indicator Light (shane_c)

Post by 2006Vibe »

I'm sure someone answered this for you... but that means the full lighting system is on..This comes on if the automatic sensor thinks it is dark outside, you can't easily defeat that. So basically, the indicator shows that the rest of the system is ON. I think it's great, I don't really need to ever or forget to switch the headlights on!! NOT found on the Matrix!! (at least I don't think).
2006 Vibe 5 spd FWD - Abyss(Canadian model)Factory 16" Aluminum wheelsPower PackageGraphite Interior