Aerodynamic Winter Wipers?

Ontario
Altus

Aerodynamic Winter Wipers?

Post by Altus »

Hey folks,Going to be heading out for a road trip soon, and need to replace these standard winter wipers with something that'll actually work at 100 kph.I know there's going to be recommendations for the Reflex blades from Can Tire, and I'm kinda leaning that way, but I'm shying away from spending $50 in wipers...Other suggestions... thoughts... good experiences?
2003 Shadow Vibe -- Alloys, Auto, and Allota fun!Vibe #4,873Sadly, traded-in for a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

if you search for wipers, there was a thread about this. If i remmeber right there were some cheaper reflex like wipers.
Altus

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Altus »

Yeah - lots of info on wipers, and most agree that the Reflex (or Beam style) blade is the way to go now. So I'll probably end up doing that. But...Nobody seems to have tackled the question of winter wipers at highway speed -- or failing that, good regular wipers that don't freeze up TOO much and work well at speed. Basically looking to see if there's another option...So I thought I'd check here, and see what folks have been trying...
2003 Shadow Vibe -- Alloys, Auto, and Allota fun!Vibe #4,873Sadly, traded-in for a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
vibe-04

Post by vibe-04 »

I've had winter wipers on other cars and they do not benefit you at all. I've just installed the Reflex on the Accord and wow--what a difference. Worth the money and the Vibe is next.I've had chatter at highway speeds using Winter blades (Bronco II). The big black covering to stop ice build-up becomes a box on your windshield. I had the Teflon Canadian Tire brand -crap!The Reflex cost more but I'm using less fluid. They wipe clear when it is really cold and there is less freeze up cause by residule fluid.later...
ArcsVibe

Re: (vibe-04)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Honestly the CT Reflex wipers are amazing (yes I know Canadian Tire product that actually works? lol) They really are worth it. They have been on my car for 2 winters already!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

the1stacekiller

Re: (ArcsVibe)

Post by the1stacekiller »

I have the CT Reflex Wiper blades on my Contour (Christmas present ) they are AWESOME!! at least a million times better than the blades I had before.. they are going on the Vibe for SURE!cheers
- 2004 Pontiac Vibe Base 2 Tone Grey Goodness -
Fast Eddie

Re: Aerodynamic Winter Wipers? (Altus)

Post by Fast Eddie »

I would highly recommend using a Rain Away application. Rain drops will shear away at high speed. I always put on a application before a long road trip. Saved me a lot of worry when I was traveling the Interstate through Tennessee in the middle of a supercell that was producing Tornados nearby.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, Pwr Pkg, Grafxwerks Badging, Coolblue Headlights, Silverstar Fogs, APC Silver Pedals Kit.
jeffbacon

Re: Aerodynamic Winter Wipers? (Fast Eddie)

Post by jeffbacon »

Fast Eddie: where'd you get the Rain Away stuff?
Raven

Re: Aerodynamic Winter Wipers? (jeffbacon)

Post by Raven »

Canadian Tire, I use it too.
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

put me in the reflex group...they are definitely the best wipers i've ever had on any car.i've converted my wife's car and a couple of friends that were impressed when driving in my car...if you think about it, it's only about a 10 dollar difference in the end....don't eat mcdonalds for lunch one day and you've paid off the difference!
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
Fast Eddie

Re: Aerodynamic Winter Wipers? (jeffbacon)

Post by Fast Eddie »

Maybe also marketed as Rain X. And yes, available at Cdn Tire.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, Pwr Pkg, Grafxwerks Badging, Coolblue Headlights, Silverstar Fogs, APC Silver Pedals Kit.
Vibe_dude

Post by Vibe_dude »

i bought the reflex ones.......then took them back........would not fit my car...they are not as good as ppl say.......i had a parts guy tell me that alot of ppl are returning them they skip or will not fit right.i am holing out for thr new bosch ICON ones myself.....look pretty good and u can use the all year round.the alos have a aerofoil on them to hug ur windsheild.
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
Altus

Re: (Vibe_dude)

Post by Altus »

Well I broke down and bought the Reflex wipers from Can Tire... so next weekend we'll see how they hold up to winter conditions on the highway in northern Ontario
Atomb

Re: (Vibe_dude)

Post by Atomb »

Quote, originally posted by Vibe_dude »...they are not as good as ppl say.......you caught me, i'm lying....(removed)?!?!
Vibe_dude

Re: (Atomb)

Post by Vibe_dude »

Quote, originally posted by Atomb »you caught me, i'm lying....(removed)?!?!the skip and bounce...leave unwiped areas on some cars......u can not get the slim ones anymore only the ones with the aerofoil to help it stay on the windshield.
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
shane_c

Re: (ArcsVibe)

Post by shane_c »

Do you find? I just installed them on my Vibe and both the driver and passenger wiper smear about 1" at the top. When the wipers are at rest the top 1 cm of the passenger one doesn't even touch against the windshield. Needless to say I removed them about 2 minutes later and will bring them back.
2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD
Sputnik

Re:

Post by Sputnik »

I installed the Reflex wiper blades last Christmas and have no issues with them. Work better than the ones that came on the car when we got it.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
CAN-AWD-VIBE

Post by CAN-AWD-VIBE »

my reflex wipers work great on both cars
CAN-AWD-VIBE03 Neptune AWDInjen CAI, Hotchkis springs, custom magnaflow exhaust w/4" tip, tint, window deflectors, stubby antenna, 3pc Mr. Grille, foglight conversion mod, Grafxwerks front & steering wheels overlays, Injen oil cap, strut tower brace, P225/45R17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, 17" ADR Sokudos
Atomb

Re: (shane_c)

Post by Atomb »

Quote, originally posted by shane_c »Do you find? I just installed them on my Vibe and both the driver and passenger wiper smear about 1" at the top. When the wipers are at rest the top 1 cm of the passenger one doesn't even touch against the windshield. Needless to say I removed them about 2 minutes later and will bring them back. just to make sure, did you get the correct length?
shane_c

Re: (Atomb)

Post by shane_c »

I bought what it was saying on the chart. 21" driver and 18" passenger. They covered the same sweep as the stock ones but didn't clear AT LEAST the top inch on either and the end of the passenger one wasn't even making contact with the windshield when it was at rest.
2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD