Friday the 13th at Port Dover

Ontario
Mavrik

Friday the 13th at Port Dover

Post by Mavrik »

Bikers and onlookers unite. Anyone going to this? Port Dover Ont Canada, every friday the 13th the place is packed with hundreds of bikes and people looking at them. Doesn't matter the weather. I've gone to a few but I'll be missing this one lol.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Altus

Re: Friday the 13th at Port Dover (Mavrik)

Post by Altus »

This will be the first one I've missed in 4 years Strangely enough, weather will be surprisingly good - +8°C and calling for rain (not so good). Won't surprise me to see a bunch. Alas, my bike's in storage, and several important pieces taken apart to boot.For any who don't know, this past May Friday 13, the weather wasn't great, and the little village of Port Dover had some estimated 50,000 bikes and 85,000 bikers/spectators decend on them. http://www.pd13.com/
2003 Shadow Vibe -- Alloys, Auto, and Allota fun!Vibe #4,873Sadly, traded-in for a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
Mavrik

Re: Friday the 13th at Port Dover (Altus)

Post by Mavrik »

One of the guys I worked with back at Anderson GM village was a biker and he never missed one that I can remember. He'd take the day off to and away he would go. I kinda feel sorry for Port Dover with 50,000 bikes lol. talk about LOUD! I used to live on Main ST in Simcoe which was one of the main lines into Port Dover. The bikes would rumble by on friday, be quiet all weekend then rumble out sunday.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
rebbierae

Re: Friday the 13th at Port Dover (Mavrik)

Post by rebbierae »

I was going to ask if this was motorcycle bikes or bicycle bikes but thanks to Mavrik, even I figured it out. That sounds really cool--sort of like a mini-Sturgis. We'll have to check it out some day when we have a motorcycle again. Sounds like fun...except maybe not in December.