Yet another snow tire thread...

Ontario
Andrew-4ce

Yet another snow tire thread...

Post by Andrew-4ce »

Hey all... just got a Vibe (03 base 5spd) a week and a half ago... think it's great so far.I've never had a fwd drive car before. I live in Brampton and get around a little bit throughout central/southern/eastern ontario. Are just changing the front tires to snows good enough or should I be changing all 4?Crappy Tire has a sale on so figured I'd pic something up.Andrew
Raven

Re: Yet another snow tire thread... (Andrew-4ce)

Post by Raven »

Definately go for all four. Most of us buy new 15" rims and mount 196/65/15 snows. Ask for 2003 Toyota Corolla rims, they fit. With this size of rim and tire, you end up with the same diameter as stock. If you are keeping the car for a few years it makes sense.
the1stacekiller

Re: Yet another snow tire thread... (Sunny)

Post by the1stacekiller »

Whiteoak Ford Lincoln Mississauga is having a tire sale in November.. I got my Goodyear Assurances for My Contour there last year ... but I am pretty sure you can score good quality winter tires there on sale..If not, I would also recommend getting 4 winter rims and tires at Crappy tire at their sale.. would make sense if you put a lot of km's on your car on the highway in the winter..cheers
- 2004 Pontiac Vibe Base 2 Tone Grey Goodness -
Mavrik

Re: Yet another snow tire thread... (the1stacekiller)

Post by Mavrik »

I used to live in Woodstock, Drove one winter on the stock all season tires and drove the second on winter tires. Definatly get a good set of winter tires on their own rims. I stuck with the stock 16" size steel rim as I had upgraded to 17" gunmetal rims for summer use. But nothing wrong getting a 15" on there, you should have no problems.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Andrew-4ce

Post by Andrew-4ce »

Thanks for the info guys! Think I'll pick up 4. If anyone knows of a used set of rim and/or tires let me know. Andrew
Big_Red

Re: Yet another snow tire thread... (Andrew-4ce)

Post by Big_Red »

Welcome to the club....if you see a red Vibe with a Habs flag on it....it's Big_Red.
2003 Pontiac VibeSalsaPower PackageSports PackageK&N Air Filter
21Rouge

Re: Yet another snow tire thread... (Big_Red)

Post by 21Rouge »

Quote, originally posted by Big_Red »Welcome to the club....if you see a red Vibe with a Habs flag on it....it's Big_Red. Great hockey game last night. Great shot to break the tie! I love the "new NHL".
Sputnik

Re: Yet another snow tire thread...

Post by Sputnik »

Where I get my tires done they won't even install just two. Its dangerous. In fact I thought it might be illegal some places...?
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Atomb

Re: Yet another snow tire thread... (Boxgrover)

Post by Atomb »

Quote, originally posted by Boxgrover »Great hockey game last night. Great shot to break the tie! I love the "new NHL".i thought the goal to tie it at 4 was great too!! ....nothing like theodore using his head like that!
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!