Is anyone having problems with their tranny/clutch?

Ontario
abyss gt

Is anyone having problems with their tranny/clutch?

Post by abyss gt »

I have 52,000KM on my GT and my clutch is completly gone. The dealership says its "normal wear and tear". I have never heard of any clutch needing replacement this early . Does anybody else have any problems with their clutch? How about tranny grinding noise when costing in 2nd and 3rd gear?
Abyss Vibe GT Monotone w/17" wheelsTint (35% front 20% rear)
joatmon

Re: Is anyone having problems with their tranny/clutch? (abyss gt)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by abyss gt »I I have never heard of any clutch needing replacement this early . Does anybody else have any problems with their clutch? http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=5172
ZedTim

Post by ZedTim »

haven't had any problems with my clutch still good as new and 120K on her now...of course it is the 5 speed not the 6can't complain except for one thing! it's now officially too small! with the twins now there isn't any room for anything. 2 car seats and a double stroller it's full
The Vibe is Deceased!!moved on to Bigger
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i believe the clutch issue was with the 2zz VGT's and XRS's. doubtful the dealer will do anything to help, but good luck none the less!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

Base Vibe from canada, no probs yet. *crosses fingers*
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
EGlickman

Post by EGlickman »

My Vibe GT has 30,000 miles on it and the clutch just started to go. Of course I received the same response regarding coverage (that its NOT) ... Plus they want me to agree to pay $750 to have them confirm that its not covered (the entire job would cost me over $1400) --- I am currently battling with GM as I don't think that is right since clearly its a problem with their product rather than my driving - given the fact that so many people have noted this problem. I have a Toytoa with over 100,000 miles and I JUST relpaced the clutch last year. I suggest that as many people as possible contact GMAC. The number is 800-762-2737.