"your" mechanic

Ontario
21Rouge

"your" mechanic

Post by 21Rouge »

Of course you need to have warranty work done at a GM dealer but how many of you Ontarians have a knowledgeable , reliable , personable mechanic that you bring your Vibe to for non warranty work? I know mentioning names might be tricky but giving a location might be helpful to other Genvibe readers nearby. Interested people could then fire off an email or send an IM for more specifics.
baass

Re: "your" mechanic (Boxgrover)

Post by baass »

Great idea, but when I find one in my area that I trust and is good I'll let you know. Still looking for a good one after my dad (the self employed mechanic) passed on 15 years ago. I just can't find one I trust around here that is any good at diagnostics.
Mavrik

Re: "your" mechanic (baass)

Post by Mavrik »

"My" mechanic has always been the dealership. I have never once taken any of my 3 vehicles to local garages. But until your Vibe has no warranty left... what work would need to be done at a local garage other then perhaps oil changes?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
21Rouge

Re: "your" mechanic (Mavrik)

Post by 21Rouge »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »But until your Vibe has no warranty left... what work would need to be done at a local garage other then perhaps oil changes?There is lots of nonwarranty work that needs to be done prior to 100,000 km (when my extended warranty expires). Of course almost any independent shop can do such work at less cost. The key therefore is to find a knowledgeable personable owner.Several months ago I had work done on the transmission of my minivan at the dealer. I felt that it was important for me to speak directly with the mechanic who performed the work. The service rep seemed quite surprised with this request!
Mavrik

Re: "your" mechanic (Boxgrover)

Post by Mavrik »

Oh yeah talk to the tech if you can, sometime leads to more information or better answers to questions you might have. But other then brakes which should not wear out until closer to 70-80,000KM on your Vibe, there is nothing mechanical to do to the car that isn't warranty. The obvious stuff like oil changes anyone can do, tire work and such, but everything else from lights to transmissions, warranty lol.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page