Anyone here in TORONTO know where I can pick up a MAF without having to wait for an order?

Ontario
CyBeRjUnKiE

Anyone here in TORONTO know where I can pick up a MAF without having to wait for an order?

Post by CyBeRjUnKiE »

Anyone here know where I can pick up a MAF? I was thinking of going to Toyota to see if they carry the part. Can anyone help? If someone can also provide the part number for it as well. I have Base Vibe Manual Transmission. I screwed up my MAF today and can't get the car to REV higher than 3000. Will the part number be different from the Matrix? And I can use the Matrix MAF since the engines are identical will it be model specific?Thanks in advance!!!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

how did you mess up your MAF? installing an intake? if so, then put the stock air box back in and take it to the dealership. they should be able to replace it. otherwise, you'll be on a waiting list most likely and pay $$$
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I doubt a MAF is a stocked part anywhere. Sorry, but I doubt you'll have any choice but to wait for an order. Unless you have a junker nearby or something...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Mavrik

Re: Anyone here in TORONTO know where I can pick up a MAF without having ... (silverawd26)

Post by Mavrik »

when I accidently blew mine I had it covered under warranty by putting my stock airbox back in and the intake taken out before I limped the car in. They didn't have one on hand either so I was able to take it out of the 05 sitting on the lot and when the ordered one came in, it went on the 05 Vibe. Maybe they can do something like that for you.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
CyBeRjUnKiE

Re: Anyone here in TORONTO know where I can pick up a MAF without having ... (Mavrik)

Post by CyBeRjUnKiE »

Would anyone here then have a walk through in reversing the installation and installing the Stock Air Box? My car is still under warranty, in fact I'm supposed to bring the car in this Monday to have my clutch replaced under warranty. I could use the help to reverse all this now so that I can bring it all together and tell them my car broke down.
CyBeRjUnKiE

Post by CyBeRjUnKiE »

Thanks everyone, I finally found a dealer that carried it. Toytota downtown on front street carried the part. Pretty expensive part as well since it cost me 240 with the taxes included. It's 211 before taxes. Anyways, the car seems to be back to normal. I'll have to wait for this Monday for my clutch to be replaced under warranty of course. Whew, I'm glad to know that my MAF is back on fine now though. I think I screwed up my MAF because I didn't take out the battery first. But even before I took it out, my car was acting weird, and I suspected it was the MAF. Although I was still reving higher than 3000. Anyways, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that everything is okay now. Thanks everyone!
CyBeRjUnKiE

Re: (silverawd26)

Post by CyBeRjUnKiE »

Well, I had two options....leave the car as it was and put the old Air Box inside, or just buy the darn thing. If I still experience problems then I'll probably put the Air Box in and have them test out what's wrong with the car. I'm pretty sure that it's not the MAF now that it's got a brand spanking new one. I'm still getting some stuttering on my car, I think it's my Clutch slipping though, well I hope that's the case, I guess I'll find out after this monday.
CyBeRjUnKiE

Re: (CyBeRjUnKiE)

Post by CyBeRjUnKiE »

It seems, I'm back in limbo. CEL light came back on after several kilometers and the car is putt putting now as a result of it. MAF is working since I'm able to rev over 3000 RPM. But I hear this loud ticking sound near the MAF, which looks like some valve. Not sure if it's supposed to tick that way or not. Anyways, I've put the stock air box back in, and brought it in today for servicing. Clutch is getting replaced under warranty as well as the bearing, and I've asked them to look into the engine. CEL wasn't on this morning since I've put the stock air box back in, but it was still putt putting and sounding really nasty when I reved up. I'm starting to get really discouraged since I'm getting this feeling that I'm going to be coughing up some dough for this car which is only 2 1/2 years old. I'm hoping that these guys fix the car up, but even when they do, I think I'm going to feel very uneasy taking it for long trips. What a bummer....hopefully things will turn a lot better when I pick up the car today. But I'm not having my hopes up too high.Will keep you guys posted.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Well hopefully everything works out. Only ticking sound I ever heard was on the wife's Vibe GT and she was always told it was normal. Since my Vibe is a base, I've never heard it, What model is yours?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
CyBeRjUnKiE

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by CyBeRjUnKiE »

I have the 2003 Base Vibe. I'm hoping that the ticking sound is normal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the car is okay. Considering it is going through a clutch replacement, I'm a little skeptical of the outcome. Anyways, to think on the positive side, at least I've got a new clutch. As for the ticking noise....it's coming from the valve that's close to the green EVAP knob. Not sure if that makes any sense to you, but it's the one with the blue plug near the MAF sensor. I don't know if the ticking sound has anything to do with the problems I'm having. All I know now is that my car is getting crappy results regarding to power. I've got to rev up my car to get a decent startup on 1st gear, and the REV doesn't even sound smooth...sounds like it's putt putting until I reach 3000 and higher. Argghhh....I hope all is well...in the meantime, I'll just have to wait to find out what the diagnostic will be. I've read somewhere that it might be the EVAP system, if so I hope these guys at the dealership will see it on the OBD2 reader. Wish me luck!!!
rated_w

Post by rated_w »

my maf sensor blew a few weeks ago... couldn't rev over 3000 easily.. but still went a bit over.. MAF sensor is a common problem for the 1ZZ engines.. just hope it doesn't effect vibes/matrixes or the new corollas.this past year dixie toyota has sold over 300 MAF sensors for this prob.I got mine replaced.. 361 after everything.. diagnosis.. part and installation.. geeze.. mommy demanded to let them do it cause she's afraid that I don't know what I'm doing....
// Pølkå®øø - 2001 Toyota Corolla LEGuess what's new for 2006 - in the works.
cohocarl

Re: Anyone here in TORONTO know where I can pick up a MAF without having ... (CyBeRjUnKiE)

Post by cohocarl »

I know it wouldn't have anything to do with the valve you are hearing, but hasn't there been a few people here with clogged cats?
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
Psychobroker

Re: Anyone here in TORONTO know where I can pick up a MAF without having ... (cohocarl)

Post by Psychobroker »

Did you disco the neg batt terminal before installing it? Did you also allow it to idle for approx 10 mins after installing it?