Saturday

Ontario
vicken

Saturday

Post by vicken »

That was some fun driving this past Saturday, all of Ontario was covered with thin sheet of ice, i slipped twice but fortunately didn't hit anything. Have to say the Vibe did handle better then my old car, now that i know how to react to the situation
v.
vicken

Re: Saturday (Salsa!)

Post by vicken »

quote:Do you have winter tires?Nope i don't have winter Tires, should i get them?
v.
Cubanpete

Re: Saturday (vicken)

Post by Cubanpete »

Your asking for trouble, with no winter tires in Canada!
[Modified by Cubanpete, 4:31 AM 12/1/2002]
Sputnik

Re: Saturday (Cubanpete)

Post by Sputnik »

I've never had winter tires.... ever.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Heh! heh!

Re: Saturday (Salsa!)

Post by Heh! heh! »

How do those Toyo Observe tires compare to say the Blizzak or the Alpin or the Canadian Tire Motomaster Ice/Snow Traks?I got a quote for about $830 (Cdn) for Blizzaks installed on 15" winter rims and $775 for 16" installed on my existing rims.
Satellite 5 spd, alloys, Moon & Tunes, Security Pkg., 16" Canadian Tire NordicTrak winter tires, Uniroyal Tiger Paws, cargo mat!
Big_Red

Re: Saturday (Sputnik)

Post by Big_Red »

I have never had winter tires. Regardless of the amount of snow, it was never required. I have all season's on my Vibe and don't have any plans of changing that.
2003 Pontiac VibeSalsaPower PackageSports PackageK&N Air Filter
viBert

Re: Saturday (Big_Red)

Post by viBert »

I hope you're right Big_Red. I don't want to fork out for snows unless it gets really bad, the GTA usually gets it light compared to other parts of Ontario. This is my first car without ABS in 9 years, the ice made me a bit nervous. Do all 16" wheels have the Continental tires?quote:I have never had winter tires. Regardless of the amount of snow, it was never required. I have all season's on my Vibe and don't have any plans of changing that.
Base 2 tone Salsa, auto, power pack Mississauga, Ontario, Canada I'd rather be sailing but the Vibe makes me a happy landlubber.
chansen

Re: Saturday (viBert)

Post by chansen »

All-seasons are rain tires, and I don't see how snow tires are a major expense. You're really just buying your next set of tires early, and for that you get much better grip during the winter months.15" snows with steel rims are cheaper than buying a set of 16" snow tires for your stock rims. Personally, I just got my Matrix, and drove it straight to Steelcase Tire in Markham for a set of 15" Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1 snows on steelies. $650 package price. Very aggressive tire that lasts longer than most. You can do much better than that price by going with the Kumho KW-11 tire. They're widely available.Anyway, don't mind me. I'm on a Goodyear-like mission to get more people on snow tires. Tired of dodging all-season shod cars in the snow.
rubberman

Re: Saturday (viBert)

Post by rubberman »

i think some vibes come with Goodyears RSAs
Car&Bike Pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2355922/1New Kumho712(summer225/50/16)195/65/15 Dunlops(winter)03 Vibe 49,000kms gone!!!!!New Battery/window rubber pass doorTwo seats fixed(coming apart at the seams)Transmission?,Tires that sound like mudders on a truck(Contis) 18,000kms done/noisey A/C Compreser/poor paintRadio(no am)2 days old ,door speaker replaced