Ugh! The SNOW!

Ontario
Sputnik

Ugh! The SNOW!

Post by Sputnik »

Well fellow Ottawa area people how did you like waking up to all that snow!? Disgusting! Although it does put me in the Christmas spirit so I think I will put my Christmas lights up in my window today. But first I must clean up after the party I had last night.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
microELVIS

Re: Ugh! The SNOW! (Sputnik)

Post by microELVIS »

The snow sucks, and no im not in no xmas spirit bah humbug. I think im in the snow tire spirit though. Also need to cover the floor better in the vibe. The snow mats are too small, Ill have to think of something.Have a look at the link below if you wanna see the percipitationhttp://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalWide.a ... e&pid=none
'03 neptune vibe (first new car)86 GN, 12.96 @ 104 17psi
LocDog

Re: Ugh! The SNOW! (microELVIS)

Post by LocDog »

So0o how does the base Vibe handle the snow???
-aBySS Monotone Vibe-Auto Everything (I wanted a manual)-Moons and Tunes-No Badges-No Lateral Bars-Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit-200w PPI Amp Powering a 12" MTX Sub-9 1/2'' Stainless Steel Trumpet Air Horn-Spare Bridgestone Blizzaks Mounted on the Cheapest Steel Rims Ever
Frosty

Re: Ugh! The SNOW! (Salsa!)

Post by Frosty »

quote:Mine handled just well (I have winter tires!!!)Me too! We don't have that much snow, yet, but enough to test out the at limit dynamics of the car.I am so impressed. The car is very balanced for snow handling. I increase my speed in the corners until the front end pushes, back off and the line tightens perfectly. Very nice.I found a snowy parking lot to test out the handbrake this a.m., handbrake turns are so much fun Makes my bride nauseous though
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: Ugh! The SNOW! (Frosty)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

I bough my snow tires this morning (finally)I went for Good year Ultra-grip, 195/65R15 (no more Blizzak).Works very goodl and can drain the snow and slush very well
2fatty

Re: Ugh! The SNOW! (Sub-Vibe-R)

Post by 2fatty »

I guess I'm the only one here thats pumped up over the snow. I can't wait to make my first trek to go boarding.
LocDog

Re: Ugh! The SNOW! (Frosty)

Post by LocDog »

Im amped to go E-Brakin' all over an empty parking lot.... o0o i cant wait :drool:
-aBySS Monotone Vibe-Auto Everything (I wanted a manual)-Moons and Tunes-No Badges-No Lateral Bars-Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit-200w PPI Amp Powering a 12" MTX Sub-9 1/2'' Stainless Steel Trumpet Air Horn-Spare Bridgestone Blizzaks Mounted on the Cheapest Steel Rims Ever
old man winter

Post by old man winter »

I’m doing my snow dance….just picked up my MXZ 800 from the dealer, just had it’s pre-season. “Oh the weather outside is frightful….”
2fatty

Re: Ugh! The SNOW! (old man winter)

Post by 2fatty »

I'm really excited. I didn't make it out Boarding once last winter. Last winter brutal for no snow... plus it didn't help that we took posession of our new home in January.
Sputnik

Re: Ugh! The SNOW!

Post by Sputnik »

Ugh... more snow. But the canal is open!
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Keely

Post by Keely »

We're finally getting some snow out here in Calgary over the past week - there's nothing more depressing than living only 45 minutes from the best boarding in Canada and there's no snow! 2fatty, I went to Nakiska on Thursday, and it was awesome. Looking for more tomorrow.On a car-related note, I'm holding off on the snow tires for now since there's only a few blocks in my neighbourhood where the snow doesn't get plowed or pushed away by all the traffic. I just can't decide on what to get - it's the rims that are killing me (I can't stomach the thought of steelies on my little beaut....)!
keely dunn
OttawaVibe

Re: Ugh! The SNOW! (Keely)

Post by OttawaVibe »

Our Vibe went well through the winter storm I just drove through coming home from Florida. Over 6000Kms in the last 2 weeks!!! The Vibe performed flawlessly!!!
Base Vibe 5spdFrosty with Alum Wheels, Pwr Pack , Premium Stereo and tinted windowsOrdered March 12 2002Arrived July 19 2002Now sporting 15" Steel Wheels and winter tires! Thanks Mother Nature!