Not Happy with my dealer!

Ontario
Sputnik

Not Happy with my dealer!

Post by Sputnik »

I called today to schedule an appointment at Turpin and found out that they are no longer open in the evenings! I guess I'll be moving over to Surgernor now. And I so liked Turpin. Any other Turpin customers here?
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
tnpartsguy

Change of prioroties?

Post by tnpartsguy »

We stopped being open evenings when we were forced to be open half a day on Saturdays......
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
Mavrik

Re: Change of prioroties? (tnpartsguy)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by tnpartsguy »We stopped being open evenings when we were forced to be open half a day on Saturdays......thats how the dealership I used to work for was. The owner wanted to open evenings and we all agreed as long as we did away with saturday.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
ArcsVibe

Re: Change of prioroties? (Mavrik)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Here in Montreal the new car dealers are not opened on the weekends...gotta take time off to do stuff Good luck in your search Sputnik since good dealers are hard to find (like Rob said) I have a Chevy dealer right behind my place but don't like the service there so I drive 30 minutes to another dealer (the one I bought the car off) Good luck once again and keep us posted.
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

Sputnik

Re: Change of prioroties? (ArcsVibe)

Post by Sputnik »

I might go back to my Chevy dealer that I got the Cavy from. I didn't mind their service, but they only had two service bays, I think. Which meant slower wait times.
GenVibe Global Moderator

2fatty

Re: Not Happy with my dealer! (Sputnik)

Post by 2fatty »

Hoo Geez... Don't get me started about those Turpin guys. Before my vibe a had a GT Sunfire. Twice they lied to be about the parts they used in a repair job. I only caught the issue when I had another dealership saftey the car. Turpin is easily the worst dealership I've been to in Ottawa.
Neptune

Re: Not Happy with my dealer! (2fatty)

Post by Neptune »

I wasn't very impressed with those guys when I went in to look for a car. I guess because I wasn't dressed in nice clothing, they thought I'd just be a waste of their time. None of the sales people would even look at me.My hubby even overheard some of the sales guys make fun of a customers financial problems.Let's just say they've been personally boycotted.
Sputnik

Re: Not Happy with my dealer! (Neptune)

Post by Sputnik »

Hmm... interesting... I went two weeks ago for an oil change and to get a new spring for my fuel door since the other one popped out and disappeared (making getting gas a two person job). Well the oil change went fine as far as I know, but when I was reading the service write up, it said that there was no problem with the fuel door!? (removed)? We haven't been able to open that thing in two months and now they're telling us no problem? So I went to complain to the service guy who went and got the mechanic guy. He said, "yeah it worked at least 6 times in the garage." Well then show us! Of course when he tried it when we were there it didn't work! ha! So they couldn't figure out what this part was or how to put it in. We're not car people at all and even we knew how it goes in! Turns out they didn't have the part in stock anyway so they had to order it. Well I've been waiting for them to call me and tell me it was in and had heard nothing. So yesterday I called them and they said "oh yeah its here." Gee thanks for telling me.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Neptune

Re: Not Happy with my dealer! (Sputnik)

Post by Neptune »

We had also tried calling to see what remaining Vibes were on their lot. Three times the receptionist told me that their was no one available. I find it hard to believe that not a single person at the Dealership had 5 minutes that they could have spared to answer a few questions.I'm a little concerned about the service to expect from GM, so far it doesn't look to good.I called their head office yesterday to double-check some information on the Vibe and the Matrix, the person at the call-centre who works in the product information area didn't even know that the Matrix and the Vibe was the same car, I'm the one who had to explain the situation to her!!!Unbelievable!
bash1979

Post by bash1979 »

Wow, that's weird.....I just bought my Vibe from them, and they were the easiest dealership I've ever dealt with!However, I haven't went for my first oil change yet, so maybe that's when the service starts getting worse. If you guys don't go to Turpin, where do you suggest to go for an oil change?
B.A.S.H.
Neptune

Re: (bash1979)

Post by Neptune »

I wouldn't worry about oil changes, I'm pretty sure that the guys who work on cars work directly for GM, and not the dealership.I just didn't want to hand over $25+ thousand to a guy who wouldn't even acknowledge my existance because I wasn't wearing any jewlery or expensive clothing.Personally, I'm going to try to deal with the one located in Casselman, it's a bit far (I live in Kanata), but its the only place I called that was honest with me. The other place I went to, the guy lied to me about what they had on the lot to get me down there so he could try to sell me something I didn't want.Another dealer had the audacity to lie to me about the end date of the Employee Discount sale they're having right now. The funny thing is, as he's lying to me, there's a commercial playing on the Radio saying the final date isn't until Aug. 2nd
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by bash1979 »Wow, that's weird.....I just bought my Vibe from them, and they were the easiest dealership I've ever dealt with!However, I haven't went for my first oil change yet, so maybe that's when the service starts getting worse. If you guys don't go to Turpin, where do you suggest to go for an oil change?Actually I enjoyed Turpin until I got my first oil change. They forgot to put the oil cap back on so I had oil spraying all over my engine, hood etc, until I noticed the blue smoke coming from under the hood. Its the service that seems to suck there, rather than the sales. I had no problems with my salesman. Its always when I bring it in for something that they usually screw it up somehow.
GenVibe Global Moderator

bash1979

Post by bash1979 »

Neptune: If you live in Kanata (I live there too!), you should try the dealership in Perth. It's not too bad of a drive. I went there when I was Vibe shopping and everyone seemed pretty cool there. I met their service guys and toured their service area...they seem to really care about what they're doing. Then again, it could have just been a show for a potential sale! If everyone is having so many problems with Turpin, I think I might give them a shot as well.Sputnik: Where do you go for your oil changes now, if you're not going to Turpin anymore?
B.A.S.H.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Well I do still go to Turpin, but once we move in August I may start going to Surgenor. They're open in the evenings, which is what I'm really looking for.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Neptune

Post by Neptune »

It seems like its always the little places out of down that don't try to screw you!When it comes time for maintenance, I'll check out the Perth dealership... besides, I rather enjoy the drive out there.Has anyone here dealt with Donnelly? The mechanic there came out to check out a Matrix I had rented and started to tell me that the Matrix and the Vibe was the first project that Toyota and Pontiac had worked on together. I had to tell him that he was wrong... that they had merged before with the 80's Corolla/Nova. He didn't seem to take being corrected too well!
Vibe

Re:

Post by Vibe »

And General Motors sits there and wonders why their sales are down..Well DDDUUUUUHHHHHH-The answer is in their own back yard.Any dealership can sell a car. It's service after the sale that counts and will be a big determining factor weather that customer comes back.Years ago a freind of mine was having real problems with a dealership---He had a bumper sticker made and it read --" This lemon serviced by (Name) & (phone number) of dealership and stuck it on the middle of the back window and drove with it around town, even would park it infront of the dealership while shopping. It wasn't long before the dealership owner called him and made everything perfect. And it was..................
Neptune

Re: Re: (Vibe)

Post by Neptune »

The Pontiac dealers weren't half as bad with me as the Toyota dealers!
bash1979

Post by bash1979 »

I agree with that!! And I used to be a loyal Toyota guy....my last car was a Corolla. They were so arrogant when I was asking about the Matrix. I walked into the Toyota dealership and said "I'm looking at a Matrix or a Vibe. Convince me to buy a Matrix." Their response? "The Vibe is a GM." Ummm.....ok, way to state the obvious. They went on saying the Matrix is more reliable, it's a Toyota, blah blah blah. Not what I was looking for. Asked a guy at Turpin the same question, but said "Convince me to buy a Vibe." He was much more honest. Described how the interior and engine were virtually identical, then went in detail about the exterior and why he felt that the Vibe was a better buy. Pointed out the roof racks, the body side mouldings and other little things like that (things that I already knew, but I appreciated the honesty). But he never said something like "ewwww, don't buy the Matrix....it's ugly and looks like an alien's space pod that just landed on the earth". He actually tried to sell me his product....imagine that! Obviously, he won, since I now own the Vibe. Sorry Toyota....if the attitude was different, I could have been driving a Matrix today!
B.A.S.H.
Neptune

Post by Neptune »

I had the exact same thing happen! The manager came out and started trying to pressure me into buying a Matrix, being that I am female, I guess he thought I was completely clueless about cars. He told me that he was trying to do me a favour by selling me a Matrix because I won't "find anything else like it on market, no matter what dealer you go to".I then brought up the Vibe, which he said was "a completely different car". When I asked him how, he said "it's made by GM". I then pointed out that it had the same motor, tranny, suspension, brakes, interior, etc... His response was "but it looks different"... so I asked him how looks were going to affect the performance..That's when he insisted that the Vibe was a lesser quality vehicle because it was built in North America and not the states. You should have seen the look on his face when I politely reminded him that Matrixes are built up here in Ontario. You'd think that this manager would have given up by now, but no! He tried to make believe that the Vibe was made of cheaper parts because it was built in the USA, and not Canada. Since there was a slight possibility he may have been right about the last one, I took it upon myself to do some research into NUMMI (the factory where the Vibe is built). They manufacture 4 cars: the Vibe, the Toyota Tacoma, the award winning Toyota Corolla, and the Toyota Voltz. Lesser quality parts eh? I think I'm going to call them back and ask them for a price quote on a Voltz:http://english.auto.vl.ru/cata...9212/
bash1979

Post by bash1979 »

LOL! I love that Voltz picture!!I'd like to see their faces when you ask them about the Vibe's crappy looking exterior, eh? Customer service has never been their strong point. I'm sure they sell a lot of cars based on reputation alone. That's really the only reason I bought my Corolla....they didn't sell it to me, my research sold it to me.Personally, I think they're just jealous cause the Vibe looks so much cooler!
B.A.S.H.
Neptune

Post by Neptune »

I have a feeling GM's Employee Discount Promotion really messed with Toyotas expected sales quota. They seemed pretty desperate to sell me anything! I'd also like to ask them why Toyota is selling the Voltz in Asia instead of the Matrix!Hehe... if you focus in on the Voltz, there's just a triangular metal plate where the Pontiac logo is supposed to be.