03 pontiac vibe remote start/security

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
randyr316

03 pontiac vibe remote start/security

Post by randyr316 »

I just installed remote start/security system in my 03 vibe, everything seems to be working ok eccept when i remote start car, it starts up n only runs few seconds then shuts off and will keep repeating start mode til i step on brake pedal, any idea why it just shuts off?
Derf

Re: 03 pontiac vibe remote start/security

Post by Derf »

Remote Starts have a variety of safety features built in. What model did you install?
May need more programming, does it have the option to adjust run/idle time before shutoff?
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
randyr316

Post by randyr316 »

Derf wrote:Remote Starts have a variety of safety features built in. What model did you install?
May need more programming, does it have the option to adjust run/idle time before shutoff?
bought a CSPI SP-402 1-Way Combo Alarm, Keyless Entry and Remote Start System CRIME STOPPER im really not sure about run time settings, im really hoping its something that simple, it took me 16hrs to install lol
randyr316

Post by randyr316 »

randyr316 wrote:
Derf wrote:Remote Starts have a variety of safety features built in. What model did you install?
bought a CSPI SP-402 1-Way Combo Alarm, Keyless Entry and Remote Start System CRIME STOPPER im really not sure about run time settings, im really hoping its something that simple, it took me 16hrs to install lol
i couldnt determine which wire was the tach behind glovebox because theres 2 black wires in the plug so i hooked wire to coil pack instead
randyr316

Post by randyr316 »

Now the car is pissing me off its about the meet a tree, i remote start car everything works perfect, DRL come on and the icon pops on on dash, if i start car with key the headlights come on like they normally did but no tail lights, no DRL icon or heater control illumination, but if i turn headlight switch from off position to the middle on pisition, everything comes on normally including the icon and u can hear it activate, but when i turn car off, the tail lights and front parking lights are stuck on and u get the annoying headlights on beep from dash, so i have to remove relay above glove box to turn off lights? WTH IS WRONG WITH THESE VIBES???? i also removed remote start system and still does it
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

randyr316 wrote:WTH IS WRONG WITH THESE VIBES???? i also removed remote start system and still does it
It's something relating to the remote start installation. Something that got changed.

You're saying the tail lights and HVAC control panel won't light up at night, right? They're only supposed to come on and stay on when it's dark.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit