Toyota dealers for Vibe parts

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
frankiemenz

Toyota dealers for Vibe parts

Post by frankiemenz »

Hi Genvibe members, just chiming in with a little negative experience at a local Toyota dealer. I recently moved from Rochester, NY to Orlando, Fl and had my 1st experience with 1 of the local Toyota dealers. Yesterday I went to David Maus Toyota which is near where I work to get a Toyota oil filter and coolant for my vibe. I had the unique experience of having Howard wait on me, very unhelpful to be kind about it, I got the usual a vibe isn't the same and we don't carry any parts that fit it. I was used to dealing with Hoselton Toyota in Rochester which was always helpfull and understood I wanted quality parts on my GM/Toyota vehicle. This man didn't get it, even when I gave him the part#'s for what I wanted he insisted he knew why I needed and I'd be better off with Long life coolant as opposed to super long life, etc etc. just wondered where most of you all are buying your Toyota parts, amazon, eBay or online Toyota dealer parts? I would not recommend David Maus as a helpful dealer for purchasing any Toyota parts for your Vibe either. Frank
lannvouivre

Re: Toyota dealers for Vibe parts

Post by lannvouivre »

The Toyota dealer. I'm mostly careful not to mention that it's a Pontiac Vibe.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I have gotten a couple things from my local Toyota dealer (Bill Walsh Toyota in Ottawa, Illinois) and they have always been very helpful. The parts guys actually think it's cool that I own a "GM" and am buying parts at a Toyota dealer :P.

I have also had quite a few great experiences buying things from TRD Sparks. It's a Toyota dealer in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (I believe) that sells Toyota OEM parts and TRD accessories online. I actually order our oil filters from them because you can buy them by the case (10 in a case) which works out to about $3.50 a filter as opposed to $4.xx a filter from the dealer. Great prices and fast shipping. I highly recommend them for any online Toyota-related purchases you need to make.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
trb

Post by trb »

The only things I've bought from my Toyota dealer are transmission fluid, oil filters, and wiper blade refills. They understand about the Vibe. I had them ask about the VIN the first time I was there, and when I told him it was for a Vibe and I had the Toyota part numbers already, he said, oh, OK, that's great, and took care of the order.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

I bought a driver side window switch cover from a Toyota dealer because the price is lower than that from a Chevy dealer. I know I could get it for less online but the shipping was too much for such a small part.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

petervivian wrote:I bought a driver side window switch cover from a Toyota dealer because the price is lower than that from a Chevy dealer. I know I could get it for less online but the shipping was too much for such a small part.
Switch: $5
Shipping: $240

I hate sites that do that.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

Toyota dealer but I've never told them it was a Pontiac.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I always tell Toyota dealers I have a 06 Matrix XR FWD... until they ask for the VIN.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
bikes1

Post by bikes1 »

I used to work for a GM dealer and I can see why a Toyota dealer might have reluctance getting into Vibe parts. We used to sell the Tracker, which was a rebadged Suzuki Sidekick. They were almost identical but the Tracker was always a year behind the Suzuki and there were a number of small differences.

There wasn't a Suzuki dealer around so we often had people coming in and buying parts and then complaining because they weren't exactly the same or the parts didn't fit and on an on.

If a Toyota dealer is happy to sell parts for a Vibe, I'd consider that a bonus.
Raven

Post by Raven »

I find that the majority of parts are much cheaper from Toyota. There are some that are cheaper from GM though. I usually check both.

I never mention I have a Vibe to the counter guy at Toyota. I've gotten too much attitude from the ignorant parts people too often.
triz

Post by triz »

If anyone needs parts we use this guy on Spyderchat. Has decent prices. You can tell him Triz on Spyderchat sent you.

"Rafa"
T.O.T PERFORMANCE
(805)-497-2791 Ext: 174
rafa@totperformance.com
http://WWW.TOTOYOTAPARTS.COM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; / http://WWW.TOTPERFORMANCE.COM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://lubedealer.com/mr2ner/home.aspx Please use ZO#5172967
Member discounts when you sign up as Preffered Customer. New Amsoil Customers only