Cold Air Intake for 2009 Vibe GT

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Good to see this thread again - the K&N SRI is next on my list of mods.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
Th17kit

Re: Cold Air Intake for 2009 Vibe GT

Post by Th17kit »

Oh man I wish I'd seen the step by step in this post. It took me about 3 hours (with some distractions) to add the Typhoon. Most of the trouble came from the screw holding the EVAP sensor bracket (WD-40 and removal of the unit from the car to put it in a vice did the trick) and step 19 getting the screw hole on the tube to line up with the support strut and EVAP bracket all at once. It was very tricky with the strut tensioner thing that's on the '09 '10 GTs. Anyways it's on and it sounds awesome! I've never modded anything in a car engine before, so this was fun!
2009 Vibe GT
Manual
K&N Typhoon
vibenvy

Re: Cold Air Intake for 2009 Vibe GT

Post by vibenvy »

Glad to hear you got it installed and are enjoying it ;)! I didn't even bother with that whole setup with the EVAP solenoid and all. I just zip tied it to the bracket that attaches to the engine block. So much easier :P!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage