Anyone try installing a spoiler on the 09?

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
Vibe2009

Anyone try installing a spoiler on the 09?

Post by Vibe2009 »

I am considering getting the optional spoiler for my vibe (non-GT vibe, no spoiler).My question is, how hard is it to install it by myself? Anyone attempt it yet?
Red Hot Metallic 2.4L, 5sp Auto, 17" Chrome Clad wheels, XM
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Wolfman213

Re: Anyone try installing a spoiler on the 09? (Vibe2009)

Post by Wolfman213 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ories Just looked on ebay and found this seller. He has 3 of them, none your color, but for as low as they are, you could get them painted and still be less than what others charge.*I do not know this seller or anything about him. Just found it and thought I would share*
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
dragon64

Re: Anyone try installing a spoiler on the 09? (Vibe2009)

Post by dragon64 »

It's pretty easy to install. Just have to remove the trim panels from the inside of the hatch. Remove 5 nuts then lift off the original garnish piece. To install the OE spoiler is just a matter of lubricating the rubber seals, aligning the pins and studs and reversing the removal steps.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Manual - DBW controller, Hydraulic engine damper, S/S brakeline retrokit,22mm solid Rear ARB, urethane rear coil dampers, Front strut bar with brake cylinder brace, PIAA 410 driving lights, PRM Intake Wilwood front brakes, Lexus hood lifts