2009 vibe roof rack

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
karlie815

2009 vibe roof rack

Post by karlie815 »

Does anyone know if a roof rack from a 2009 matrix will fit a 2009 vibe? There does not seem to be one available for the Vibe just the Matrix
kowell

Re: 2009 vibe roof rack (karlie815)

Post by kowell »

"There does not seem to be one available for the Vibe"Do you mean as an aftermarket part? Because the Vibe does have a roof rack optional from the factory.
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
shadow_dog

Post by shadow_dog »

Dealer I bought my GT from had an AWD that had a roof rack on it. Check with Pontiac
DarkVibe

Re: (shadow_dog)

Post by DarkVibe »

my gt has 'caps' covering holes where the roof rack would go, so i'm sure you can get them from Pontiac.
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
mmhud

Post by mmhud »

I just bought an OEM rack from LKQ on ebaymotors. The dealers can get them but they are asking the same as if it was installed as an original factory option.
CaptTractor

Post by CaptTractor »

I'm surprised not many vibes have the roof rack...up here in Winnipeg it seems like only the GT had them. I'm waiting for the dealer to receive mine and install it. From the commercials, it appeared to me that Pontiac was aiming for the adventerous outdoorsy type of person...but they didn't send many out with racks.My question is for those that have racks, what are the best options for Thule carriers? Mostly looking at Bikes and skiis. I checked Thule's site, but they don't have '09 options avail yet. What are the experiences with the racks for the '09's?'09 Ultra White Pontiac Vibe 2.4 L Man
mecreyes

Post by mecreyes »

Still no options for 2009 factory racks from either Thule or Yakima (rackattack.com) However, Thule has a email notification service that you can sign up for. It will notify you when a 2009 option is available. I'm guessing they use it to gauge consumer interest as well.Right now I'm using a Sportrack Piranha (fork mount)
Tonebalone

Post by Tonebalone »

I put a rack for the '09 Matrix on mine. Found it for $230 plus shipping on eBay. See attached pix.

Attached files
Tonebalone

Post by Tonebalone »

I prefer the black of the Matrix to the chrome on the Pontiac version. It fits perfectly.

Attached files
Old4rd

Re: 2009 vibe roof rack (Tonebalone)

Post by Old4rd »

Special thanks to (Tonebalone) for posting his remarks & photos of the Matrix roof rack on his Vibe. My 2010 Vibe AWD is the same dark blue as his and the photos were very helpful in my research. I installed mine this morning. After being assured by two online vendors that the racks would fit both the '09 & '10 Matrix, I ordered mine from http://www.conquestauto.com/se...etail. I didn't have a torque wrench for the 12mm bolts but took note of (Tonebalone's) comment about over torqueing them and took care not to do that. I also remember reading a question on a post about having to remove the headliner? NO, all installation is exterior and simple with the excellent printed instructions.
izza2me

Post by izza2me »

My Lava red 06 came with the 2 factory racks bolted to roof. I got the 2 cross rails from an 03 Vibe. They are black and look nice against the red.
cbctours

Re: Vibe (Matrix) Roof Rack

Post by cbctours »

Besides being a new Vibe owner, I also own Toyota MR2's. Many of us MR2 owners buy OEM parts from:http://www.partznet.com/The Matrix roof rack through partznet is $240 with free shipping.http://conicellitoyota.oemdeal...1.php
cbctours

Re: Vibe (Matrix) Roof Rack (cbctours)

Post by cbctours »

The Toyota roof rack through Partznet.com just got cheaper. I just received an email from Partznet with discount codes through 9/30/09. the discount codes are as follows:partznet5 - 5% off your order of $75.00 or morepartznet10 -10% off your order of $150.00 or morepartznet15 -15% off your order of $250.00 or more
VANCOUVER

Post by VANCOUVER »

Thanks TONEBALONE for posting your pics and info that the matrix rack fits your 09 vibe. So were the instructions fairly straight forward? Every single GM dealers I've spoken too has said that you have to take down the headliner from the inside and have quoted me around $1000. UNBELIEVABLE! So did the matrix one come with instructions? I like it on your car because it gives you extra space as the pontiac one gives you very little space under the cross bars. Do you simply take off the caps on the roof and screw it in? does it involve any drilling whatsoever? if not, is it safe? Sorry about all the questions.....Anyways, if you can get back to me on the instructions and how to do it, I would really appreciate it.
UptownVibe

Re: 2009 vibe roof rack (VANCOUVER)

Post by UptownVibe »

You 2009 guys are going to be lucky if this Matrix option works out for you and allows you to avoid the thule / yakima rack-et. They are way too expensive fo what they are and it can be a real hassle to configure a whole set up even with the help of thier cute online fit-guide. My fiasco for my 2003 base model (as of this writing) isn't even completly done yet... Here: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=39869
UptownVibe-2003 Base, Silver Monotone-16"OEM Rims, Turanza EL400's-WigWag Strobe 3rd Brake Light Circuit, Sunroof Soft Stop Removed-A) Wolo Bad Boy + Stebel Compact Truck Horn B) Factory Horn-Grafxwerks silver front overlays (matches car color), Fully Debadged inside and out, Rear "Pontiac" hatch handle inlay overlay (to make it disappear)-Clean Visors (Don't you know how an airbag works by now?)-Garmin Nuvi 660 w/ Hardwired Traffic Receiver via under-dash 3rd 12v plug
NWEric

Post by NWEric »

Are the Matrix OEM rack crossbars adjustable, or are they fixed like the Vibe?
Old4rd

Post by Old4rd »

I purchased and installed a new Toyota Matrix rack back in '09 on my new 2010 Vibe. After reading your question I went out and checked. No, not adjustable.