Reese Hitch Problem

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
Xplorer

Reese Hitch Problem

Post by Xplorer »

Hi, I just picked up a Resse hitch and found that the bolts don't thread into the weld nuts on the frame. I double checked the pitch of the bolts and they are 1.25 (used digital calipers). It's a 04 Pontiac. Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me? Has anyone else run into this?Help!
Caretaker

Re: Reese Hitch Problem (Xplorer)

Post by Caretaker »

I just ordered two sets of drawtite hitches for my '03 and '09 Vibe. The '03 would not accept the bolts, just like yours. When I called the company, they assured me that it was because GM does not seal the holes and left open, they accumulate lots of dirt. They stated I would need to WD-40 the holes and use a wire brush to clean out the threads. Guess what.....they were exactly right. It took me over 30 minutes of scrubbing out the holes, and even then, it was hard to get the bolts started. I'm guessing this is the case with your Vibe.
Racemedic

Re: Reese Hitch Problem (maxx4me)

Post by Racemedic »

What was the model # of the hitch for the 09. I am looking at getting one for my car (once it arrives) and what did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
2009 Vibe Steel Blue Metallic 1SC FWD
Caretaker

Re: Reese Hitch Problem (Racemedic)

Post by Caretaker »

Sorry for the late answer Racemedic. Some of us have to work I can't even remember who I got it from. Just search on this part number and find the best price online. It is simple to install. Just make sure you first decide if you want a Class 1 or 2 hitch. I went with the Class 1, and hope I did not make a mistake.http://www.draw-tite.com/fitgu...24812