Pontiac Vibe GXP

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
d_m_kolb

Pontiac Vibe GXP

Post by d_m_kolb »

Contact: Jeff HollandGM Performance Division CommunicationsPhone: (586) 986-5606E-mail: jeffrey.holland@gm.comMary HenigePontiac-GMC CommunicationsPhone: (313) 667-4103E-mail: mary.henige@gm.comPONTIAC VIBE GXP SHOW CAR FLEXES A NEW SET OF MUSCLES Pontiac's athletically designed Vibe flexes a more powerful set of muscles with the debut of the Vibe GXP show car. "Vibe is an excellent example of Pontiac's fresh, contemporary design direction," said Lynn Myers, Pontiac-GMC general manager. "Vibe was designed to fit the needs of youthful buyers. Today, the Vibe GT buyer is 33 years old on average. Vibe GXP could be a strong addition to attract young performance enthusiasts." The Vibe GXP concept was designed to gauge reaction from show-goers at the 2002 Special Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show, where it debuted.Dressed for performance, the Vibe GXP is outfitted with the GXP family-specific Shadow Black tri-coat color scheme, front fascia, fog lamps, rocker panel extensions, and rear deck spoiler and fascia.Vibe GXP's powerplant is a 1.8-liter, 16-valve DOHC inline four-cylinder engine that features an Eaton Roots type supercharger. The supercharger delivers 7.5 lbs. of boost enabling the Vibe GXP show car to generate up to a 35 percent increase in horsepower and torque over the production base powerplant for improved acceleration and launch feel. A five-speed manual transmission delivers the power to the wheels. The Vibe GXP show car was designed with performance-tuned suspension components, which create a lowered ride height for improved handling characteristics and an aggressive stance. GXP specific 18-inch forged aluminum wheels and Bridgestone Potenza RE730 tires, larger diameter high-performance front and rear disc brakes with red heat-resistant ceramic coated calipers, and a production-based performance exhaust system also are included in the Vibe GXP show car performance package.Inside, the Vibe GXP utilizes a Vibe GT instrument panel along with GXP metal-look interior trim bezels, GXP specific aluminum design foot pedal covers and unique GXP performance series badging. Pontiac Vibe GXP Show Car Highlights:Supercharged 1.8-liter, 16-valve DOHC I-4 engine Five-speed manual transmission GXP-specific instrument panelGXP metal-look interior trim bezelsGXP-specific aluminum design foot pedal covers GXP performance series exterior badging.GXP-specific (Shadow Black) Tri-coat, show-quality paint schemeGXP-specific front fascia/rear fascia, fog lamps, rocker panel extensions, and rear deck spoilerLowered wheel-to-body ride heightPerformance-tuned suspension componentsFront/rear dampers, front/rear stabilizer barsLarger diameter, high-performance front and rear disc brakes with red heat-resistant ceramic coated calipersProduction-based performance exhaust systemGXP-specific 18-inch forged aluminum wheelsBridgestone Potenza RE730 tiresPearlized gray leather seating surfaces with suede-like fabric inserts
Cubanpete

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (Admin II)

Post by Cubanpete »

How much more Horsepower does this one have as to the standard GTthat has 180HP??
d_m_kolb

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (Cubanpete)

Post by d_m_kolb »

It'll be around 180 HP and will have about 170 ft lbs of torque compared to the 130 ft lbs the GT has.This is just a guess but I'd say it will do 0 to 60 in the mid 6 second range.
Cubanpete

Post by Cubanpete »

Nice.........to bad, I should have waited! Damn!
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

I like it. I like the looks better than the GT-R or the Sports Package.Basically it's just a base motor with the blower. So, anyone with a base Vibe can duplicate the performance which is exactly what I plan to do.
Cubanpete

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (NovaResource)

Post by Cubanpete »

Hi Scott....Can you elaborate a bit as to what is required to this Mod (parts.maybe photos), and the expense involved, I would take a crack at this myself if it is a "Do it Yourself" type of Mod!thanksPete
NovaResource

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (Cubanpete)

Post by NovaResource »

The new blower available fort he base Vibe. It can be purchased as a owner install or have the dealer install it. See here:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=1360
Fritzburg

Post by Fritzburg »

I really like that frontend, it's really clean. So, is this GXP going on sale soon? Considering I wish to purchase a base Vibe with a supercharger, is would seem to make more sense to purchase a GXP instead, and get that cool body kit as well. Sweet!
FRITZBURG
LocDog

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (Fritzburg)

Post by LocDog »

The grills look so photoshopped...
-aBySS Monotone Vibe-Auto Everything (I wanted a manual)-Moons and Tunes-No Badges-No Lateral Bars-Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit-200w PPI Amp Powering a 12" MTX Sub-9 1/2'' Stainless Steel Trumpet Air Horn-Spare Bridgestone Blizzaks Mounted on the Cheapest Steel Rims Ever
LocDog

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (justin4192)

Post by LocDog »

I want some Milli Miglias damnit...
-aBySS Monotone Vibe-Auto Everything (I wanted a manual)-Moons and Tunes-No Badges-No Lateral Bars-Sony CDX-M730 Head Unit-200w PPI Amp Powering a 12" MTX Sub-9 1/2'' Stainless Steel Trumpet Air Horn-Spare Bridgestone Blizzaks Mounted on the Cheapest Steel Rims Ever
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I know this thread is way old, but I was talking to Geo about the GXP tonight...anyone happen to know if they set a release date for the Vibe GXP? I know the Bonneville GXP will be a 2005 model, but I wasn't able to get any release info for the other GXP models...Perhaps Jeff Strausser knows?
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Nervous_Dog

Post by Nervous_Dog »

I love that rear bumper and roof extension. It looks so clean without the roof rack.
Nervous Dog2003 Monotone Lava GT w/ M&T and PowerMods: 18" Bronze Tenzo-R Mean Six rims w/ Kumho MX12" Rockford Fosgate Punch Sub in slot ported box2 - Rockford Fosgate Punch 201S amps2 pair - Rockford Fosgate P162C in front/rear doorsSony Xplod 5710 head unitHidden Hitch
GT_03

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (Nervous_Dog)

Post by GT_03 »

It looks awesome!!!
Not a Vibe owner anymore
meathead333

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (Nervous_Dog)

Post by meathead333 »

quote:I love that rear bumper and roof extension. It looks so clean without the roof rack.man i like the racks, but i still want them off!
My myspace.com profile My 73' Bronco Cardomain page
ragingfish

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (meathead333)

Post by ragingfish »

quote:man i like the racks, but i still want them off!Get a matrix. Problem solved. j/k dude...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
AKLGT

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (meathead333)

Post by AKLGT »

I agree! I like the rear extension, just wish there was a place for dual straight pipes. I want those wheels!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
GT_03

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (trdvibe)

Post by GT_03 »

quote:I agree! I like the rear extension, just wish there was a place for dual straight pipes. I want those wheels!They look like the Millie Miligia Evo 5's
Not a Vibe owner anymore
yank dini

Post by yank dini »

quote:Basically it's just a base motor with the blower. So, anyone with a base Vibe can duplicate the performance which is exactly what I plan to do.CHECK
cibomatto

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (ragingfish)

Post by cibomatto »

quote:I know this thread is way old, but I was talking to Geo about the GXP tonight...anyone happen to know if they set a release date for the Vibe GXP? I know the Bonneville GXP will be a 2005 model, but I wasn't able to get any release info for the other GXP models...Perhaps Jeff Strausser knows? Well.. I just sent an email to the contacts provided in the original posts.. I am not expecting much of an answer or even a reply...
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
CaCathy13

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (cibomatto)

Post by CaCathy13 »

GXP-specific (Shadow Black) Tri-coat, show-quality paint schemeThat's the only thing I'd like to have...I woulda paid extra for that too!!!
CathyWhen this baby hits 6.000rpm's, you're gonna see some serious sh*t-Got Lift?'03 Neptune Vibe GT: SLP Hood, AEM CAI, Thermal R&D exhaust, Unorthodox underdrive pullies, K&N filter, G-Racing 17' Mito's, TEIN Springs, yellow calipers, GrafxWerks, Silverstar's, XM, Infinity basslink-more mods to come!http://www.mitro.net/vibe
ycart1201

Post by ycart1201 »

WOW That looks mean (and super fast)! Nathanycart1201
Click on the sig to shop for custom Vibe/Matrix decals & Parts on my website
03autovibe

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (ycart1201)

Post by 03autovibe »

The real question here is can we get a GXP style body kit if we already have an earlier Vibe.
That is probably the only time a headline could have the words beaver and nipple and not offend anybody. -Jeff Foxworthy
Dezz1

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (LocDog)

Post by Dezz1 »

I have them on my Vibe, and they ride soo sweet. That would be a one of the best purchases you ever made.
Even Free isn't Free, Someone has to pay for it. Check Out My Vibehttp://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/571609
PhillyVibeGT

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (Dezz1)

Post by PhillyVibeGT »

man, you guys suck! I want those rims now
04 GT Satellite Monotone17'' Fittipaldi Fins on Falkin Azenis ST115'sMoon and Tunes/Sirius Satallite RadioInjen CAI/Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust GM Top Spoiler/Debaged SilverStar Fogs "I wasn’t born rich, I’m good looking instead"
waveresponder

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (d_m_kolb)

Post by waveresponder »

they should make some extra front/rear bumpers for us here on Genvibe!...hahahah
psiu

Post by psiu »

(removed)! It's a zombie thread! Back from the dead!AAAaaaiiiiiiIEEEEEe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<--falls over out of breath
Dezz1

Re: (psiu)

Post by Dezz1 »

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it, this tread is wayyyy back in the day. I wonder if most of these people still own their Vibes. I still have mine and enjoy it everyday. Can't believe I have only 87k miles on it, and I made a couple of mods along the way. I will have to call this a keeper, I don't have the heart to trade this in when I go car shopping. I guess I will use this as a fun car, and buy me a cruiser for the road.
Even Free isn't Free, Someone has to pay for it. Check Out My Vibehttp://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/571609
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

Wow, this is an old thread! I always wished they would have come out with the GXP package. I agree with you Dezz. I ordered mine back in February 2002 and still love my GT. I just got it washed yesterday so it looks like new. I also gave one of my younger brothers a ride yesterday and he mentioned that he thinks the Vibe is still my new car. I had to remind him it's going on 6 years old! I plan to keep the Vibe for many more years, but in the next year or two, buy a real fun car to play with that won't be so practical.
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
Kamikaze

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (d_m_kolb)

Post by Kamikaze »

I can't believe they didn't make it... they made a GXP everything else... Pontiac for not making this.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Considering all the modifications I have on my Vibe and others have too, we should just brand ours GXP's. I bought two GXP emblems that I am putting on the car in the spring. If I can't by a GXP Vibe I have pretty much made my own lol.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
VforVIBE

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (Kamikaze)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »I can't believe they didn't make it... they made a GXP everything else... Pontiac for not making this. Agreed... and I've not heard any plans for a 09 GXP Vibe.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Dezz1

Re: (JustinVGT)

Post by Dezz1 »

Yeah its been 6 years, and yes when you wash it up it looks brand new, really. And yes, Pontiac made the mistake when they didn't push the GXP. As a matter of fact I believe they stopped making the GT in 2005. They only make the base models now. I agree with you Celtic, as many mods that we made we deserve the GXP brand. We earned it. Think about it we've done just about everything to our cars that Pontiac would have done to create the GXP brand. By the way, where did you get those badges, I want some. I am going from GT to GXP BABY!!!!!BTW did you see the new Matrix, they are being shaped like the Scion xB. We (Vibe and Matrix) are the true crossover vehicles, and we are beginning to lose that battle. We need to stand up and claim our position again before we lose it. My wife and I are planning on getting a family car, and yes I am keeping the Vibe, and she is keeping the Cougar. We need something more practical for the both of us, like a Benz, Yeah right!! Nah we will probably get a SUV.
Celtic_Curse

Re: (Dezz1)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Quote, originally posted by Dezz1 »YI agree with you Celtic, as many mods that we made we deserve the GXP brand. We earned it. Think about it we've done just about everything to our cars that Pontiac would have done to create the GXP brand. By the way, where did you get those badges, I want some. I am going from GT to GXP BABY!!!!!Ebay $6 for one. As soon as it warms up I am putting mine on.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Correction I have placed mine on the car. Now that I am Supercharged I think I earned the badges. I put one on the front grill and one on the hatch looks really good.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

pics?! i cant see if theres any pics from my work
Dezz1

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by Dezz1 »

where are the links for the GXP Pics of your car?
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

I'll post pics as soon as possible.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Update posted pics in F/I section.
King Neptune

Re: Pontiac Vibe GXP (Kamikaze)

Post by King Neptune »

I agree with Kamikaze. This car should have been made. They made GXP everything else.
2004 Neptune BaseMoon & Tunes Pkg.Premium Monotone Pkg.17" WheelsGM Sport PackageViper Remote Start, 35% Tint, Debadged