03 GT vacuum hose question

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Foxs03GT

03 GT vacuum hose question

Post by Foxs03GT »

New to the forum, been a lurker for a while but glad to be here! Quick question: after cleaning my lift screen, I ended up with a stray vacuum hose that I can’t seem to find the port for on the intake or elsewhere. The vacuum hose in question goes to the diaphragm operated flapper on the intake box. I just can’t seem to figure out where it’s supposed to go lol. Since I’m exhibiting symptoms of a vacuum leak (high idle, ect) I figure this is probably the issue. Thanks!!
joatmon

Re: 03 GT vacuum hose question

Post by joatmon »

Welcome to genvibe

If you have the original hood, there should be a vacuum hose routing diagram on the underside of it.

I looked at my 03 base, a "diaphragm operated flapper on the intake box" wasn't immediately obvious to me. Probably says more about me than the car ;)
zbyers

Re: 03 GT vacuum hose question

Post by zbyers »

joatmon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 amI looked at my 03 base, a "diaphragm operated flapper on the intake box" wasn't immediately obvious to me. Probably says more about me than the car ;)
The base models don't have the flap that Foxs03GT is referring to. The flap in question is for the GT models, which is an extra air inlet for when you're romping on it to hit lift.

I'm not finding a picture offhand and I have a CAI so I'm not of much use. I thought it connected towards on the throttle body to the block? I will take a look after work. all of my hose are there, but are capped off.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe