Auto Tranny

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions

Auto Tranny

Post by 2006 »

How many kms or miles have you got on your auto trannies before requiring rebuilds? I was wondering if/when I may expect tranny issues on either of our 2006's with 250k km and 350k km. I know my 250k km Vibe had at least one filter/fluid change prior to me getting it, but not sure if the 350k km one did. I serviced both just after purchase....having both for less than one year.
zbyers

Re: Auto Tranny

Post by zbyers »

I don't know of anyone who's actually rebuilt the auto tranny. But there are many who are at or above your mileage with no issues. routine fluid and filter changes and you should be fine for a while.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

My old one went 300,000 miles with just a couple of drain and fills.
blue_can

Post by blue_can »

Really depends on your driving style - assuming the question is about rebuilding a tranny due to excessive wear of the friction material on the clutches and bands. A lot of the wear occurs during engagement so city driving/short trips with a lot of gear changes will result is more wear than say highway driving.

If the tranny starts slipping between gear changes or while driving that could be an indication of worn clutches and bands requiring a rebuild. Of course a hard part failure could happen at any time.
'07 Vibe