O2 Sensor Pin out

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
leaster1939

O2 Sensor Pin out

Post by leaster1939 »

Can anyone provide the pin assignment for the O2 sensor on my 2009 GT. one pin is ground, one is the signal to the computer and two are the heater circuit. I want to check mine out before I buy a new one. Also going to try to clean them first.
jolt

Re: O2 Sensor Pin out

Post by jolt »

Here is the wiring with plugs body for both sensors for the 2ZR-FE engine.
Attachments
2ZR-FE wiring for air fuel ratio sensor and oxygen sensor.  Related plug body's at bottom of image.
2ZR-FE wiring for air fuel ratio sensor and oxygen sensor. Related plug body's at bottom of image.
sensors and plugs.jpg (189.79 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
leaster1939

Post by leaster1939 »

Thank you Just what I needed. I will post my results
jolt

Post by jolt »

Here is another one. This is what the GM guys get. The first one is from Toyota. Looks like two of the wires colors may be differ but same basic layout only flipped from top to bottom.
Attachments
GM view of the wiring.
GM view of the wiring.
another one.jpg (142.41 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

jolt wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:30 pm The first one is from Toyota.
Toyota must put more of a priority on the mechanics to better fix their products with COLORED and better detailed diagrams.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
leaster1939

Post by leaster1939 »

Thanks again...strange that I can not find a Haynes or similar manual that covers the 2009 GT. 117K miles a going strong. Except for a transmission rebuild due to faulty valve assy and a minor tune up, it has been a reliable car. Noisy as hell though
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

leaster1939 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 am I can not find a Haynes or similar manual that covers the 2009 GT.
Well they should be out there ... BUT pricey !!!

Having TWO 2009 Vibe GT's in our fleet I made sure I purchased this 3-volume set immediately AND got it at $150 before the price increase! Very helpful even though there are a lot of errors (diagrams & info on 2008 that was never removed/updated).

2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jolt

Post by jolt »

leaster1939 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 am Thanks again...strange that I can not find a Haynes or similar manual that covers the 2009 GT. 117K miles a going strong. Except for a transmission rebuild due to faulty valve assy and a minor tune up, it has been a reliable car. Noisy as hell though
There are no hard copies of service manuals anymore that I know of. All manufactures have gone electronic files. There where three big publishers for US auto manuals back in the '80s; Mitchell, Motors, Haynes, Chiltons, etc. have all gone away from paper in search of more profits and less jobs. I know that Mitchell use to print all of GM's manuals back then. tpollauf, if you look at the first few pages, the manuals would list the publisher and it may be one of the ones I listed. The advantage of the electronic/computer file manuals is that they can be updated on the fly and corrected as needed. That can not be done with printed copies.

Most of these publishers had a consumer grade and a professional grade manual. The ones you found in parts store were the consumer grade manuals and not worth buying because they where loaded with mis-information, wrong specs, etc... Chiltons and Haynes being the worst. You needed to spend at least $150 or more for a decent manual that had reliable information.

I posted a deal here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46818 about manuals over the holidays. Some other places to purchase on line subscriptions for auto manuals are:

https://www.alldatadiy.com/

http://www.chiltondiy.com/

https://eautorepair.net/Marketing/defau ... D=&Count=Y

Most of the above offer the exact information that the dealers get from the manufacture, along with recall notices and TSB's that would not be in a printed manual. Alldata is poplar for independent service garages now because of pricing. Most all of these offer professional web sites that sell to service garages a package for all cars and then they offer a DIY site to sell just one vehicle at a time. All are subscription based, as is most software today.

And leaster 1939, change your transmission fluid and filter every 50,000 to avoid the transmission repairs. Everything wears out, even fluid. It is cheaper in the long run to maintain then to repair. ;)