2007-specific transmission pan gasket & filter

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
salinity

2007-specific transmission pan gasket & filter

Post by salinity »

Hi all - planning a drain-refill-drive-drain- pan drop-refill of my transmission fluid in the next couple of weeks. I've looked around for info on the correct pan gasket, filter (if any) and plug washer (if any) and can't find 2007-specific info. Anyone out there done this on a 2007 base model know or remember if this is the proper gasket (ebay vehicle look-up says yes for 2007 Matrix, but no for 2007 vibe - it's also the same gasket referenced in a thread, I'm guessing for a '03, here: viewtopic.php?t=29717).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-OEM-Aut ... #vi-ilComp

I also ran across mention of a crush gasket for the transmission drain bolt for an '04 here: viewtopic.php?t=43942

I'm assuming most parts were the same 03-08, but not positive, so if anyone has direct info on the 2007 model, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
---
2007 Base
andrewclaus

Re: 2007-specific transmission pan gasket & filter

Post by andrewclaus »

I just did mine last year. I don't have the numbers, but I remember there was a 17-bolt version and an 18-bolt version, I think. Count the bolts, go to the store. Get the filter, too.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Just pick up the gasket and filter from any parts store...Just grab both variants (17/18 bolt), make sure both are actually 17 or 18 bolts, and then install whichever is correct and return what is not. i've had many issues with the parts stores having the wrong gasket with the wrong filter or neither being correct so i always grab both when i do it.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe

Post by 2006 »

A little late response....but as far as the crush gasket for the plug goes, I just picked mine up at the Toyota dealer when I got the transmission fluid. I'd rather go with Toyota fluid than anything else. As far as the gasket/filter goes...just got it from my local NAPA.