Cold air intake

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
ProHitman2062

Cold air intake

Post by ProHitman2062 »

I bought a new CAI for my 09 pontiac vibe 2wd, 1.8L and doesnt fit. It was a spectre intake that autozone said would fit. Haven't put it in yet but from the looks of its, it wont fit. It says it fits a 2012 camaro... :x Need help on finding a CAI that will fit, please help.
Ugetmyvibe

Re: Cold air intake

Post by Ugetmyvibe »

First, I'm sorry and I know that must suck. Don't trust AutoZone. If you can, I would take it back and get my money back. Go to CarID.com, you put in your car and year and it shows all parts they carry for it, oem and aftermarket.
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I hope you can take the Camaro one back.
MWR has several intakes for the 09+ Corolla, but none specifically for the 09 Vibe/Matrix. The Corolla engine bay should be really similar, but might not be identical.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
KingKrab65

Post by KingKrab65 »

SeattleJeremy wrote:I hope you can take the Camaro one back.
MWR has several intakes for the 09+ Corolla, but none specifically for the 09 Vibe/Matrix. The Corolla engine bay should be really similar, but might not be identical.
I got an Injen CAI from Amazon for my '03 Vibe. I ended up cutting 2" off of the filter end in order to make it fit. No big deal just a few extra minutes trying to get it to fit before cutting.

There is a section on this site that has cheap modifications for your Vibe. There was a listing of CAI and SRI that were recommended in that section.

Hope that helps.
2003 Base Vibe
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

This K&N SRI will work on your Vibe. We have had K&N SRIs on both our 09 GTs for 6+ years now without issue. Personally, I'm leery of CAIs because of the risk of hydrolock, but if you truly want a CAI, any intake that fits an 09-16 Corolla should fit your Vibe.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

KingKrab65 wrote:
SeattleJeremy wrote:I hope you can take the Camaro one back.
I got an Injen CAI from Amazon for my '03 Vibe. I ended up cutting 2" off of the filter end in order to make it fit. No big deal just a few extra minutes trying to get it to fit before cutting.

There is a section on this site that has cheap modifications for your Vibe. There was a listing of CAI and SRI that were recommended in that section.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for clarifying that!
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT