I'm Kinda at a Loss here.....

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
LoneWolf

I'm Kinda at a Loss here.....

Post by LoneWolf »

Greetings everyone,
I have an 03 Vibe GT and currently it has a little over 170,000 miles on it....Bought it at 97,000...
When I first got it, my mechanics told me i would have fun with it, which so far, really couldn't say that I have...I told my mechanics what has been going on and they just say, nothing is wrong, just drive...Finally when I had to go in yesterday to get a new driver front hub bearing, I said where is the fun, and then he took for a test drive and said the throttle was low, so he made the adjustment and did make a major improvement on acceleration response but it still feels like something is being restricted and not allowing the full get up and go type thrust...

I have been reading up on the OCV and such and i did find both of them...1 on the driver side and the other on the passenger side...Last week I did pull the passenger side but could not pull it all the way out because of a metal intake line??, which is clamped on to a rubber hose under the exhaust manifold, but when i did slide it out as far as i could go, there was oil in it, but it was clean as if I just changed the oil.....
Yesterday when I took off the throttle body and cleaning it up a bit, I decided to replace the TPS sensor, wondering if it had anything to do with the slight shaking i would get at around 2500 RPM in neutral..when i went past 2500 rpm, it went away....the slight shaking i could feel was making the car shake as well...
Anyways, i replaced the TPS and that's when i found the other OCV and loosened bolt and removed it completely and the oil that was on it was the current condition (color) the oil is in now...Wondering if the driver side OCV quit working since the oil is so clean (new), but wouldn't that throw a code??
Also, when I took the drivers side OCV, i looked into the hole and didn't see no filter at all...is that normal on the 03 GT??
After I replaced the TPS, took it for a test run and noticed a little difference and even revving it up to 2500 rpm in neutral but there is still a little vibration...Am I missing something here??
I live in the Pittsburgh,Pa area and if someone is close by that knows the vibe inside and out, I would gladly meet somewhere and let you take it for a test drive or even pointers...I know this little sucker has the get up and go but something is still not right...I have felt the wrath that this car dish out but it is very limited....Something has to be restricting it from releasing it's fury....(removed)
Also, the cat and both sensors were replaced last year so it has to be something I am overlooking....Any help or advice is greatly appreciated since I love this car :) Thanks, Dave
LoneWolf

Re: I'm Kinda at a Loss here.....

Post by LoneWolf »

Question for you guys....I'm not that knowledgeable about manual trannys but can a pivot ball have an affect on thrust performance....Like I was trying to explain before, I know my car has the power but it felt like i was being restrained and acted like brakes being applied...I was just at my mechanics and he dug around underneath a bit and he did say that the pivot ball was sticky and did what he did....
After leaving and driving home, it felt like he, i guess he fixed the problem??
So what I am trying to get at is, could that sticky pivot ball limit how far the clutch engaged/disengaged, even though the shifter felt like it was going thru every gear and that's why I only felt so much thrust??
302LVR

Re: I'm Kinda at a Loss here.....

Post by 302LVR »

Did you ever figure this out? Noticed no one ever replied to this issue?