2007 intake question

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
techteacher

2007 intake question

Post by techteacher »

Anyone know if there are after market intakes for a 2007 Vibe? I've been fighting a P0171 engine code for a while now. Replaced the MAF sensor twice (first one was suspect so they gave me a second one to try- no improvement thou) Changed out the pcv valve and lines, intake gasket and O2 sensor, all with no success. Just did the fuel pump, thought that was it because its had a slow-to-start ie seems like too much cranking before the engine fires. I cleared the code and drove it on the highway and then rechecked oxygen, evap and cat indicators only the Evap was still active. BUT when I restart the car the CEL comes on in a minute or two. last up on the possible repairs is a new intake. OEm factory intake is $512.45 at local GM dealer. Looking for after market or to see what crosses. Depending on who I check with, I'm told the 05-08 pontiac intakes are the same but do NOT cross to the Matrix even thou the engine is the same. Dorman lists a 615-560 for 03-06 Vibe, 07 and 08 Matrix.

open to hearing from the folks on this site as there seems to be some really knowledgeable people here. Thanks- Howard
Caretaker

Re: 2007 intake question

Post by Caretaker »

Assuming we are talking about a new intake manifold, this site has a new one for $265 for the base 2007 Matrix. I cannot see a reason why it would not be the exact same part as the Vibe.

https://parts.conicellitoyotaofconshoho ... NC1nYXM%3D
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Doubt the intake is the issue. You may want to check for an exhaust leak. Basically a P0171 comes from un-metered air getting into the system so the problem would be from the MAF to the engine. If you want to try a 05 intake I'll be happy to loan you mine if you pay for shipping. Again I doubt that's your issue.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

I agree on Salsa Guy's comment.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

techteacher wrote:Changed out the pcv valve and lines, intake gasket and O2 sensor, all with no success.
Welcome to genvibe!

Which intake gasket did you use? The best one to use is the Toyota "orange" with a little gasket sealant on it. As you know, the manifold is a heavy piece of plastic and unless it was in a front end collision, I think it's unlikely to need replacing. Also, there are a lot of vacuum lines involved when doing a gasket change and easy to get them swapped/not fully connected.

Before you throw more money at it, search the forums here on your error code and you might find someone has had a similar experience.
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
techteacher

Post by techteacher »

thanks for the feedback one and all. I'll revisit the intake gasket, can't hurt to put the orange one in. My mechanic put in one from his parts supplier, not an OEM toyota one. Can't get the P0171 code to go away no matter what. first car in 20+ years my mechanic has said he can't figure out. NYS Inspection ran out yesterday, so I just approached the mouth of Schitt's Creek, and I'm only hanging on to the paddle with two fingers,,,,,,,