07 Vibe Transmission Valve Body

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
ScottVA

07 Vibe Transmission Valve Body

Post by ScottVA »

I had to replace my TCC solenoid and when I dropped the valve body from the housing a little black plastic piece fell out with a spring on one end and a metal ball on the other. I've tried to figure out where it came from but no luck. Can someone tell me if they've done this and where this thing goes? I've tried uploading a picture but the system won't let me.

Thanks
ScottVA
MacGyver

Re: 07 Vibe Transmission Valve Body

Post by MacGyver »

Does this help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXZNqzUSX4Y

You can upload pics, but each of them must be less than 130kb in size.
2009 Vibe Base
ScottVA

Post by ScottVA »

I saw that this morning and got real excited, until I looked and found it not my transmission. I went to my local Chevy dealer and a mechanic printed out a diagram that vaguely shows where it goes and he said I needed assembly gel to hold it in place while I install the v.b. I'm about to try it and see what happens.
ScottVA

Post by ScottVA »

Update- I got the VB back in with all the parts where they're supposed to be. I drove it around last night and everything seemed fine. My dad took it out this morning and the CEL came back on. I just scanned it and it's P0741...again!!! Do you have any ideas what could be setting this code again? I made sure the TCC Solenoid was seated properly and the electrical connector was tight before I buttoned everything back up. Car drives and shifts just fine now with new filter and fluid. I really didn't have a problem with drivability before, just trying to get it to pass Va emissions testing.
jolt

Post by jolt »