ATF Fluid for 2010 Vibe 1.8L 4sp Audo

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
pilarskica

ATF Fluid for 2010 Vibe 1.8L 4sp Audo

Post by pilarskica »

Accord to what I've read it needs toyota WS fluid, but i'm having trouble finding it. I've only found it at amazon for 44 dollars a bottle and ebay for about 30.

Has anyone used anything else? I've been doing some research and some people used CASTROL TRANSMAX IMPORT MULTIVEHICLE or Valvoline MaxLife Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid.

Any suggestions?
Caretaker

Re: ATF Fluid for 2010 Vibe 1.8L 4sp Audo

Post by Caretaker »

My local tranny place just did my fluid exchange using WS. Amsoil and others you have mentioned now have WS compatible fluid so if you are going to do it yourself, it may be time to transition to a non Toyota labeled product. I do share your concerns however. When I brought my car in to the local shop, I must have mentioned 5 times that "I don't have T-IV fluid in my car; it is WS." I think I stomped on their pride/ego by insinuating that they somehow would make such a dumb mistake...................................like the many errors GM made in our owners manual maybe????? :roll:
10vibe

Post by 10vibe »

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&out ... RShgKbMbGs

$7-8 bucks per quart plus S & H.

Call local Toyota dealers. One around here is rumored to sell WS for around 3 or 4 bucks per quart. At least I think they were talking quarts. Hope it was not pints.
2010 Vibe 1.8 auto, fwd, base, air, preferred package, cargo mgt, cargo cover, ultra white.
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

i bought my WS fluid from the local toyota dealer here and it was atrociously expensive, even when buying a full case. iirc, around $10/quart. the fluid change worked wonders though. trans tightened up on my 1st drain/fill and every subsequent one.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
jolt

Post by jolt »

This is what I used in my 2009; still working great.

https://www.amazon.com/Mag-64092-6PK-Mu ... B00DE7LVSG

Price has gone up but is still way less then the Toyota fluid - ($30.67 for 6 qt). Read the Amazon reviews. If you search this forum you will find answers to your question with links.