Problems...help

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Duravibe

Problems...help

Post by Duravibe »

I have a 2007 base model vibe 5 speed manual with about 155000 km, recently my car has been resisting going into gear when im gearing down, its only when im gearing down not up, and its always resisted going from second to first i havnt got a clue what it could be, any help would be appreciated!
2007 pontiac vibe 1.8L 5 speed manual, custom stainless exhaust, cold air intake
jolt

Re: Problems...help

Post by jolt »

What do you mean by "resisting"? Is it "resisting" when the car is at a complete stop?
Duravibe

Post by Duravibe »

I was in fifth gear doing about 90km/h, and approaching a round about and i hit the brakes a little and then the clutch then took it out of fifth and tried to put it into fourth and it was like there was something stopping me from putting it into a different gear unless i forced it
2007 pontiac vibe 1.8L 5 speed manual, custom stainless exhaust, cold air intake
jolt

Post by jolt »

Is it "resisting" when the car is at a complete stop? Does it make any noise when it is "resisting"?
Duravibe

Post by Duravibe »

It goes into gear fine when at a stop and it doesn't make any noises.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

if you need a new transmission, i have a couple c60's kicking around....located in waterloo, ontario
jolt

Post by jolt »

I would say your shift assembly and/or shift cables are worn out and out of adjustment from what your saying here. Also when was the last time you changed the transmission lube? Change the lube and put a synthetic gear lube in it, try that and see if that helps.
Duravibe

Post by Duravibe »

Iv never changed the transmission lube, i bought the car from a dealer and have only put 33000km on it, ill change the fluid and see what that does for me...i appreciate the help guys