Speedometer not working!!

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
VibesGuy

Speedometer not working!!

Post by VibesGuy »

Hi guys, new to the forum so take it easy if there is already a thread on this, the search bar wasn't much help.
I've got an '05 Pontiac Vibe that had a c59 5 speed go a few months back and it was damn near impossible to find a replacement, cheap or otherwise. So eventually I decided to take on the task of swapping in a c60 6 speed.
Everything went well, there were very few setbacks and all of them were manageable, however during the removal of the transmission I ripped the wires out of the plug that connects to the transmission speed sensor. As a replacement I cut a plug off a '99 corolla at a junk yard, however the wires are not the same colour and I'm unsure as how to test the function of each wire. If anyone knows how the wire of a vibe and corolla match up, or knows how to go about using a multi meter to find out how they match up, and information would be greatly appreciated.
The harness is red W/ white, white W/ green, and brown and the plug is white W/ blue on one side, red W/ white in the middle and then red W/ blue on the other side.