Upgraded Fuel Pump

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
B14CK_H4WK

Upgraded Fuel Pump

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

I upgraded my Fuel pump

MWR Fuel Pump 265lph - Elise Exige Evora Toyota 1ZZ/2ZZ (easy)

It was a direct fit for my 2004 Vibe but the Fuel Pump assembly is completely different on 05+ fyi.
I don't have any pictures of my install but it was a direct drop in. I did solder the new connector and cut the one off though. This pump works great, im getting a solid 55PSI on the fuel rail at any RPM now.
BenWA

Re: Upgraded Fuel Pump

Post by BenWA »

What's the benefit of it? Is the OEM is weak at times?

Maybe that's why my car on a rare occasion won't start on the first try. It did it several times recently. Maybe the pump is starting to wear out. It could be the original after all. Once started it's fine. No poor idling, not lacking power, no stalling.

It did it one time on the long, 2500+ mile drive in December after I bought it - but then didn't do it anymore, that I recall. Could be it did it once or twice but I forgot. *shrug*
2003 Vibe Base A/T
B14CK_H4WK

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

It is possible that you are loosing pressure and its taking time for the pump to build pressure backup. That's more of a rail or fuel line issue though i think. I upgraded my pump because of the super charger, at times it couldn't keep up and we found out its not consistent pressure, it bounces around.
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

I need to try to remember to use the rest of the can of Seafoam I have in the fuel tank on the next fill up. I use cheap Arco regular unleaded mostly, but I have a stock 1Z so it doesn't need anything fancy.
2003 Vibe Base A/T