Performance Enhancement

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
VIBELOVER23

Performance Enhancement

Post by VIBELOVER23 »

Sup dudes, I have a 2010 stock Pontiac Vibe with a 1.8L and I'm looking for some help with modifications. My car virtually has absolutely no horsepower and im looking to add a little more juice. The problem is I have no idea where to start. I would also like to have a loud exhaust but not obnoxiously loud. I would like to know what parts I can add and how much hp each part would add and how much it would cost. I appreciate the help, thanks.
gtv237

Re: Performance Enhancement

Post by gtv237 »

There is a decent amount of bolt ons available. Little stuff like intake and exhaust won't be noticeable. They have cam and turbo kits that will turn it into a rocket.
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

How much money are you prepared to spend? Most likely for the amount of money needed to make a 1.8 liter second gen fast you could get a decent motorcycle.
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
VIBELOVER23

Post by VIBELOVER23 »

treesleavedents wrote:How much money are you prepared to spend? Most likely for the amount of money needed to make a 1.8 liter second gen fast you could get a decent motorcycle.
I'm not looking to spend a massive amount of money, just enough to get a noticeable boost in hp and speed and a mean sounding exhaust
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

Your best bet is to come up with a budget before you plan any modifications. Then you'll have an idea of what you can afford. A good bet for a huge boost in performance would be to find a GM supercharger kit, but those aren't cheap. On a budget the best you could do would probably be intake, exhaust, and some eibach lowering springs. But that won'y net you much more than about 10HP
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

VIBELOVER23 wrote:Sup dudes, I have a 2010 stock Pontiac Vibe with a 1.8L and I'm looking for some help with modifications. My car virtually has absolutely no horsepower and im looking to add a little more juice. The problem is I have no idea where to start. I would also like to have a loud exhaust but not obnoxiously loud. I would like to know what parts I can add and how much hp each part would add and how much it would cost. I appreciate the help, thanks.
A K&N intake is a great place to start. I would recommend getting an AEM Brute Force Dryflow air filter to use in place of the K&N filter to avoid any possible issues with over oiling, etc.

Unfortunately there aren't any direct fit catback exhaust systems for the 2009-2010 1.8L and 2.4L Base Vibes. You should be able to get a custom exhaust system done by a local exhaust shop though.

I would also suggest TRD lowering springs, TRD front strut tower brace and TRD rear anti-sway bar. These will greatly increase the handling of your Vibe which will make it a lot more fun to drive.
treesleavedents wrote:A good bet for a huge boost in performance would be to find a GM supercharger kit, but those aren't cheap.
The GM supercharger kit won't work on the 2nd gen (2009-2010) 1.8L engine because it's different than the 1st gen (2003-2008) 1.8L ;).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage