2zz-ge in a 2009 Vibe GT

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Souly

2zz-ge in a 2009 Vibe GT

Post by Souly »

Recently my 2009 Vibe GT has been having some engine problems and to fix it, it is gonna to be $2,000 - $3,000. I was wondering if i could invest in a 2zz-ge engine, or maybe an even better one. Suggestions will be very helpful! I don't plan on buying a new car either.
thebarber

Re: 2zz-ge in a 2009 Vibe GT

Post by thebarber »

Cheapest to find another 2azfe
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Short answer? What he^ said. ;)

Can you do it? Sure. But it will probably take loads of custom work, ie; motor mounts - not just new ones, but probably new locations, as well, all the wiring and harness plus ecu for 2zz, don't forget about a tranny or making the current one work with the new one which will take some custom work and then I think your tranny is only a 5sp (may be wrong) which means you won't be able to utilize the 2zz properly and would probably be slower most of the time. Different cluth and flywheel. These are just off the top of my head. And since I don't anyone else who's done this, you'll be responsible for all the R&D and engineering for whatever custom parts you'll need.

You're better off either buying a 2zz Vibe/Matrix or replacing your 2az. :(
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Souly wrote:Recently my 2009 Vibe GT has been having some engine problems and to fix it, it is gonna to be $2,000 - $3,000.
Just curious as to why you'll need a new engine? Was this 2.4L engine one of the few which had oil consumption issues? What mileage is on this engine? Are you the original owner? If not when did you acquire the car and did it include history from previous owner(s). If you plan on keeping the car for several more years then go ahead and invest in a rebuild or low mileage replacement.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"