short throw shifter install

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
turner88

short throw shifter install

Post by turner88 »

I just finished with the installation of the mwr short throw shifter and am quite satisfied to say the least. I gave it a 4 out of 5 simply because I couldn't get 5th or 6th gear with the plastic trim ring on the shifter boot. Every thing went smoothly until that point [with the exception of nearly breaking my 110v outlet :roll: ] but before I tried anything I did call monkey wrench and the tech who answered said that they had not heard of that problem but to check the cables for freedom of movement ... so after a partial uninstall I realized that keeping the stock appearance was out and now shift knob/ boot shopping is happening. If I could just get rid of the hesitation i'd the one with the wallet that says bad mother...
treesleavedents

Re: short throw shifter install

Post by treesleavedents »

pics and a detailed description of how it feels different please!! Is the new shifter lower? How far does it move? etc.
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
turner88

Post by turner88 »

The stock shift knob sits about two inches lower and the distance between first and second is less than half of stock. About an inch and a half. The biggest difference is having solid steel base versus that nylon one. It feels so much more precise. I didn't get bushings yet but having metal bolted tight to metal is nice no more missing gears. Compared to my swapping a focus svt into my standard and the one I put in my 86 civic is, its way better. I just need to get some more grease to ensure the operation stays smooth. As far as pics, my mobile pics are too big. How do I resize them?
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

turner88 wrote:The stock shift knob sits about two inches lower and the distance between first and second is less than half of stock. About an inch and a half. The biggest difference is having solid steel base versus that nylon one. It feels so much more precise. I didn't get bushings yet but having metal bolted tight to metal is nice no more missing gears. Compared to my swapping a focus svt into my standard and the one I put in my 86 civic is, its way better. I just need to get some more grease to ensure the operation stays smooth. As far as pics, my mobile pics are too big. How do I resize them?
There are a plethora of ways to resize your pics. Most hosting services even offer ways online without a download, ie; Google photos, photobucket, imgur, etc. You can even try this as it works perfectly, as well> www.picresize.com/
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage