lets talk intake manifolds pleaseee 03 vibe base 1.8

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
positivevibes22

lets talk intake manifolds pleaseee 03 vibe base 1.8

Post by positivevibes22 »

So iv been reading and reading and looking.. my question is can i take the intake manifold from a 2002 corolla( the metal one that looks like a set of headers.) With the 50mm throttle body and put that on my car.. yes i know i will lose a little power i just really love the look of it. And i would do a 2zz throttle body with the adapter but but i cant find prices or even a pic of it. Plus im not sure how that will work.. my problem is im tired of the plastic on i have im trying to make my daily low and slow and showy.. so im dressing it up.. .. im just looking for clear answers and one more thing can anyone tell me if i staied with the throttle body of 50mm would i save a bit more gas... 03 pontiac vibe 1zzfe cold air intake with no cats 1 rez and magnaflow muffler.... i will post pics of my vibe i would love to show you my ideas
sideshowalan

Re: lets talk intake manifolds pleaseee 03 vibe base 1.8

Post by sideshowalan »

Not a performance person so I can't help there.

But I do recommend looking around monkeywrenchracing.
http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/index ... b77mcpulv6

Seems to be the only performance site with a special 'corolla/matrix/vibe' section.

Send them an email if there's nothing on their site, if there's a way to do what you're talking about, they'll know.

::edit::
Did find this paragraph on their listing for used 2zz intake manifolds.
"Replace your damaged or missing 2ZZ intake manifold with this good used unit. We've also seen people adapt the 2ZZ manifold and throttle body to the 1ZZ engine for improved power output (we do not offer a kit or instructions for this however)."
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
positivevibes22

Well what about takeing out the plastic and going with the cool looking corolla one
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

positivevibes22 wrote:Well what about takeing out the plastic and going with the cool looking corolla one
The old one isn't used anymore because it's very restrictive in comparison.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
positivevibes22

What do you mean???
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

positivevibes22 wrote:What do you mean???
The runners are so narrow on the old aluminium one that they restrict airflow. The aluminium one transfers more heat and probably weighs more to boot.

The plastic intake manifold has larger runners, smoother airflow, better tuning, keeps the air insulated from heat, and is lighter.

EDIT: And the throttle body is way smaller.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit