new to genvibe. sooo lets talk intake manifolds

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
positivevibes22

new to genvibe. sooo lets talk intake manifolds

Post by positivevibes22 »

So iv been reading and reading and looking.. my question is can i take the intake manifold from a 2002 corolla( the metal one that looks like a set of headers.) With the 50mm throttle body and put that on my car.. yes i know i will lose a little power i just really love the look of it. And i would do a 2zz throttle body with the adapter but but i cant find prices or even a pic of it. Plus im not sure how that will work.. my problem is im tired of the plastic on i have im trying to make my daily low and slow and showy.. so im dressing it up.. .. im just looking for clear answers and one more thing can anyone tell me if i staied with the throttle body of 50mm would i save a bit more gas... 03 pontiac vibe 1zzfe cold air intake with no cats 1 rez and magnaflow muffler..
Last edited by positivevibes22 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImUrOBGYN

Re: new to genvibe. currently doing a motor swap

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Swapping in a 2zz? Otherwise, the normal N/A upgrade stuff. Anything past normal bolt ons, and on these cars really even for that, you'll need some kind of tuning, ie; hydra or pfc to realize the full benefits.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
trb

Post by trb »

Some have put in the CAI and others have installed exhaust, but those are minimal gains for the price IMO. Not a lot of performance parts for the base models.

About the only thing that is available performance wise is the GM supercharger they sold for the base models. I've seen it used for about $1,500 or so, and someone local to me has had one listed for a while on craigslist. Not a whole lot of extra power, but it is something. That's why I went with a GT model on my Vibes. At least it has some power and a manual trans standard on the 03-06 models so that makes it a bit more fun.

Best of luck with your swap and welcome!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

yeah from how it seems, this is not really a tuner car.
toyota has the base engine running pretty efficient
not much development in the aftermarket world either

best to try and trade for something else unless you just love the body