exhaust price

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
jeff_j1701

exhaust price

Post by jeff_j1701 »

Hello,

Just wondering if someone has a ball-park figure on how much a new muffler, tailpipe and manifold would be to have replaced on an '07 Vibe?

Not too sure if the manifold is bad, but just in case...

About how long should this job take?

Thanks!

I'm near Toronto ON.
'07 Vibe, over 300 000km
GOF

Re: exhaust price

Post by GOF »

Not sure what it would cost. But Buffalo isn't that far from you. I'm sure it would be cheaper here.
jeff_j1701

Post by jeff_j1701 »

I got lucky!!

I was able to jack up my Vibe and discover that most of the exhaust is fine.

However, and I could be getting the name wrong as I'm not very mechanically inclined, there are 2 flanges bolted together with a gasket in between that is connecting the exhaust pipe to the pipe leading into the muffler. The exhaust pipe seems to have broken away from the flange.

The one flange and gasket (between the two flanges) appear to be in good condition otherwise.

Can the exhaust pipe be welded back to the flange, or should I look into getting a new flange?

Thanks!!
'07 Vibe, over 300 000km
GOF

Post by GOF »

Take it to a muffler shop. They usually have ways to fix things like that. Usually something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1-8-Exhaust-R ... 1312062179
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

jeff_j1701 wrote:I got lucky!!

I was able to jack up my Vibe and discover that most of the exhaust is fine.

However, and I could be getting the name wrong as I'm not very mechanically inclined, there are 2 flanges bolted together with a gasket in between that is connecting the exhaust pipe to the pipe leading into the muffler. The exhaust pipe seems to have broken away from the flange.

The one flange and gasket (between the two flanges) appear to be in good condition otherwise.

Can the exhaust pipe be welded back to the flange, or should I look into getting a new flange?

Thanks!!
I think they can patch it or do what GOF said and replace those flanges if they are excessively deteriorated.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
hax3

Post by hax3 »

Any update on this.. I'm in the same boat and may need a flange and some welding.. others past experience would be very useful..

Thanks in advance..
05 Moonstone
jeff_j1701

Post by jeff_j1701 »

I took my car to a mechanic and he suggested that he weld a new gasket on.

So I asked him why can't we just weld the old one back together.

He thought about it, and said that it was a good idea. Cheaper alternative too, and he didn't see a problem.

So that's what he did. Cost me $50 and it works great.

Better than about $275 for the part and labour.
'07 Vibe, over 300 000km