Right Front CV Axle Fitment?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Megladon7

Right Front CV Axle Fitment?

Post by Megladon7 »

My old CV Axle had a 30mm star axle nut, and the inner boot was attached to a 3 lobed bearing cage (not sure if that's the correct term).

The replacement axle from O'Reilly has a 32mm hex axle nut and a smooth bearing cage.

I've installed it, but not reassembled everything because it seems like the inner boot is stretched a bit. Could be because I haven't tightened everything down and put the wheel back on and taken it off the jacks.

Thoughts? Advice??
Attachments
Nut.jpg
Nut.jpg (76.63 KiB) Viewed 892 times
P5290018.JPG
P5290018.JPG (102.81 KiB) Viewed 892 times
lannvouivre

Re: Right Front CV Axle Fitment?

Post by lannvouivre »

It doesn't seem right to me. Is your cat an auto? That may be a manual CV. Not sure if it matters, though.

EDIT:
I think that boot is too stretched and would replace it with a better brand.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Megladon7

Re: Right Front CV Axle Fitment?

Post by Megladon7 »

Well, it failed. Search for "Scary Noise", got a replacement axle from O'Reillys under warantee, but it fits the same. I'm ordering another axle this time from Parts Geek. Anyone have experience/advise for where to get a better quality Axle?

Thanks