need pipe for air intake!!!

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
TraumaForYou

need pipe for air intake!!!

Post by TraumaForYou »

I'm trying to find just the pipe for a cold air intake or short ram without any of the other components. The one I had gotten doesn't fit my MAF sensor so I just need to find the intake pipe. Any ideas where I can get one?
vibenvy

Re: need pipe for air intake!!!

Post by vibenvy »

What do you mean by "doesn't fit the MAF sensor"? Like, the hole in the pipe is either too big or too small for the MAF sensor? If so, you can easily make the hole bigger by using something like a dremel or make it smaller by putting a rubber grommet in the hole.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
TraumaForYou

Post by TraumaForYou »

vibenvy wrote:What do you mean by "doesn't fit the MAF sensor"? Like, the hole in the pipe is either too big or too small for the MAF sensor? If so, you can easily make the hole bigger by using something like a dremel or make it smaller by putting a rubber grommet in the hole.
Been too small. Have been making small adjustments to get it to fit but even though it fits snuggly in it still throws me a code. There aren't any other leaks on the intake, everything is tightened down. I used carb cleaner to look for leaks but didnt find any even though I am 99% sure its the hole for the MAF sensor... So since the metal pipe for the intake is failing me I figured I would look for just the pipe since I have the coupler, clamps, and filter already.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Have you contacted the company that makes the intake you have about getting a new tube through them? I had this same issue a while back. I had the same exact K&N intake setup on both mine and my mom's 2009 Vibe GTs, but for whatever reason, the MAF sensor on mine wouldn't seat as snuggly as it did on my mom's, so I contacted K&N about getting a new tube. I had to destroy the old tube, send them pictures of it destroyed and than they sent me a brand new tube for free and I haven't had any issues with MAF sensor seating properly since. Just a thought...

You could also try Spectre Performance.
TraumaForYou

Post by TraumaForYou »

vibenvy wrote:Have you contacted the company that makes the intake you have about getting a new tube through them? I had this same issue a while back. I had the same exact K&N intake setup on both mine and my mom's 2009 Vibe GTs, but for whatever reason, the MAF sensor on mine wouldn't seat as snuggly as it did on my mom's, so I contacted K&N about getting a new tube. I had to destroy the old tube, send them pictures of it destroyed and than they sent me a brand new tube for free and I haven't had any issues with MAF sensor seating properly since. Just a thought...

You could also try Spectre Performance.
Unfortunately I did try contacting them and they just ignore me. Unprofessional and disappointing. I'll take a look into spectre, thanks for the link! Its hard to find just the tube with the maf hole in it.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

TraumaForYou wrote:Unfortunately I did try contacting them and they just ignore me. Unprofessional and disappointing. I'll take a look into spectre, thanks for the link! Its hard to find just the tube with the maf hole in it.
That sucks to hear.

Hopefully you can get what you're looking for from Spectre. Keep us updated.
TraumaForYou

Post by TraumaForYou »

vibenvy wrote:
TraumaForYou wrote:Unfortunately I did try contacting them and they just ignore me. Unprofessional and disappointing. I'll take a look into spectre, thanks for the link! Its hard to find just the tube with the maf hole in it.
That sucks to hear.

Hopefully you can get what you're looking for from Spectre. Keep us updated.
Will do! I emailed the people over at spectre but I just got an email back about what they currently have for my vibe year...