No fuel

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Rockett03

No fuel

Post by Rockett03 »

I have a 03 vibe base model. I just put a 2zz engine, transmission, and ecu in from a 04 vibe gt (the ecu is from a different 04 gt than the engine transmission). My fuel pump ins't turning on and I can't figure out why. I have been looking at wiring diagrams and have gone through and check all the fuses and relays but maybe I missed some? Or maybe hooked a plug in wrong when putting the engine in? I have looked over everything I can think of so any help would be great!!!
gtv237

Re: No fuel

Post by gtv237 »

Not quite sure how toyota does things during this era but maybe the ecm has to be linked with the bcm? Do you have a signal at the pump itself? I can provide you with troubleshooting sheets and wiring diagrams. Just let me know if you still need 'em!
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

When you connect a scanner, are you getting communication with the ECU? Have you rechecked all wires and connectors?
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Rockett03

Post by Rockett03 »

I'm not sure what the eve and bcm are... I do not have any power at the pump. Any sheets or diagrams would be great!!

I don't have a scanner but that's going to be my next step. Ive checked the plugs going to the ecu.. Is there a plug in the engine compartment I would have disconnected involving the fuel pump?