what is a good throttle body spacer for 09 gt?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
spartans21

Post by spartans21 »

TraumaForYou

Re: what is a good throttle body spacer for 09 gt?

Post by TraumaForYou »

As far as I know and have seen/heard, they don't do anything at all. They are a waste of time and money. :geek:
spartans21

Post by spartans21 »

Thanks man. I am just looking for things to do to my car with a few extra bucks I have.

I also wanted to know if there are any exhaust tips out there for same GT that would increase the pitch?
TraumaForYou

Post by TraumaForYou »

spartans21 wrote:Thanks man. I am just looking for things to do to my car with a few extra bucks I have.

I also wanted to know if there are any exhaust tips out there for same GT that would increase the pitch?
I'm sure there are, you can probably look around online and find some good ones. I believe I have seen some threads about it too.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

A muffler tip will not change the sound of the exhaust. To change the sound of the exhaust you need to add an aftermarket muffler and / or bigger exhaust piping and / or an aftermarket catalytic converter and / or a header.

FYI, Magnaflow makes a direct fit catback exhaust system for 2009-2010 Vibe GTs. I have it on my 2009 Vibe GT and am very happy with it. It has a nice sound without being overly buzzy or droning.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
spartans21

Post by spartans21 »

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, I don't plan on swapping the cat converter but I did want to upgrade the exhaust header. I need to locate a header though, I only see them for the 1.8 L :/
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

spartans21 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, I don't plan on swapping the cat converter but I did want to upgrade the exhaust header. I need to locate a header though, I only see them for the 1.8 L :/
Pull the heat shield off of your exhaust manifold and look at the design. It may already be a header. You have to be careful about changing the diameter of the runners as well, you do actually need them to be a size appropriate for how much flow the engine produces or the exhaust gas will cool and slow down.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit