Whole new exhaust needed--after market?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
lgerkin

Whole new exhaust needed--after market?

Post by lgerkin »

I just took my '05 Pontiac Vibe AWD to the mechanic because the tailpipe and muffler were falling off. He just reported that the he has called all around but can't find after-market parts for the AWD (plenty for 2-wheel drive but not AWD). He can't piece the parts together because they broke in the muffler. Parts include the muffler, intermediate pipe & catalytic converter, springbolt kit, exhaust clamp and 2 exhaust gaskets. The price is sky high so I'm sending out hail Mary to see if anyone has any other suggestions. Thanks.
triz

Re: Whole new exhaust needed--after market?

Post by triz »

Should be easy for someone to fabricate you a new one. Go custom. You can probably buy a muffler and have one put together for about 400 bucks.
http://lubedealer.com/mr2ner/home.aspx Please use ZO#5172967
Member discounts when you sign up as Preffered Customer. New Amsoil Customers only
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

I went with a Vibrant Resonator and MagnaFlow muffler cat back system. Cost about $120 for the parts and $100 for the install.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I had mine custom-made. Look around at muffler shops. Ask about prices. ASK TO SEE THEIR WELDS and go with whoever does the best welds.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
dannyboy

Post by dannyboy »

I'm in the same boat, my '06 awd is springing new exhaust leaks every time I have them patched. Pretty sure she's rusted from the inside out. Any leads on good custom shops in the Atlantic Canada region?
2006 AWD 'Stealth Grey'
My Garage
mntn-biker

Post by mntn-biker »

Salsa Guy wrote:I went with a Vibrant Resonator and MagnaFlow muffler cat back system. Cost about $120 for the parts and $100 for the install.
You found a Magnaflow catback system for $120? :shock: I'm seeing over $500 for my 2003 base Vibe FWD.
2003 base model
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

mntn-biker wrote:You found a Magnaflow catback system for $120? :shock: I'm seeing over $500 for my 2003 base Vibe FWD.
$120 for both a muffler and a resonator, not the actual aftermarket full setup Magnaflow made.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit