P/N for 1.8L (2ZR-FE) Throttle Body Spacer Gasket?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
gtv237

P/N for 1.8L (2ZR-FE) Throttle Body Spacer Gasket?

Post by gtv237 »

Hello, I am looking to clean my throttle body but I can't seem to find a replacement paper gasket for the spacer. All I can find is the rubber gasket. Help?
ImUrOBGYN

Re: P/N for 1.8L (2ZR-FE) Throttle Body Spacer Gasket?

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

If you do run out of luck finding one, you can always buy bulk gasket material from just about any auto parts store and cut it to fit yourself. Good luck.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
lobi

Post by lobi »

I just picked one up today at Auto Zone for $1.99 plus tax.
FEL-PRO 61193
They didn't stock it, got it next day tho.
Here is link from another store..
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detai ... &ppt=C0026" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: wait, my bad. I saw your title with 2ZR in it and in my mind read 2ZZ. I have the old 2ZZ engine. Not likely the same gasket (but could possibly be). I had to go into the auto parts store and look at their computer with them and point out the gasket I wanted. They ordered me a rubber one the first time also.
I spent most of my life hunting and fishing, the rest I just wasted.
lobi

Post by lobi »

Yours might have a rubber gasket. Have you pulled the throttle body to verify?
Just looked on O'Reillys website under 2009 Base vibe and found this..
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detai ... &ppt=C0024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: if you have the plastic/rubber gasket then chances are good that it will not be damaged in removing the throttle body for cleaning and can be re-used. It will likely have 4 bolts or nuts holding the throttle body to the intake gasket. When you reassemble it make sure it goes on straight n square to avoid a possible vacuum leak (un-metered air). Tighten the nuts across from each other like when you torque your wheel lugs in stages so it tightens up square with the intake.
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

Lobi, I took a picture to clarify. I believe the rubber gasket is in between the manifold and the spacer. What I am concerned about is the paper gasket in between the spacer and the throttle body itself. I think I'll probably have to make one like ImUrOBGYN suggested.

lobi

Post by lobi »

I've made gaskets over the years with an ink pen, heavy paper and an x-acto knife. Usually while tearing apart a lawn tractor or chainsaw and I rip a gasket that has glued itself to both surfaces. You shouldn't have to tho. Have you been into the auto parts store and looked at the diagrams on their computer to find the part yourself? The guys at the stores by me can't seem to find some parts for me but I can locate them on their computer for them. Go figure. Are you certain that there is a paper gasket in there? If you take it apart you might find an o-ring gasket in there on that side as well.
Attachments
1knife.jpg
1knife.jpg (34.06 KiB) Viewed 1332 times