Redlinegoods Shift Boot HELP!!!

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
TreFatKids

Redlinegoods Shift Boot HELP!!!

Post by TreFatKids »

I'm aware this is in the wrong forum.. but I really need help fast!! I just got my redline shift boot for my 2003 Vibe GT, and I'm very confused on the installation. I know you're supposed to take the OEM metal base wire out of the stock boot and put it into the new one, but the base wire is welded and there is no hole for it to go into the redline shift boot.. am I supposed to cut into a seam and insert as well as try to cut the weld? I hope someone will help me! it will be much appreciated!

Once again, sorry for posting this in the wrong forum, but I really need a fast response!

Thanks!
Chiadog

Re: Redlinegoods Shift Boot HELP!!!

Post by Chiadog »

I've never done it, but it sounds like you are correct: "15. Remove the base wire from the OEM shift boot and insert it into the RedlineGoods shift boot. Orientation is key here because one of the three panels is a little smaller than the others."
http://www.redlinegoods.com/Vibe0305install.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good luck,