Looking for a few awd undercarriage pictures

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
gte

Looking for a few awd undercarriage pictures

Post by gte »

Hi,

Can anyone post a few pics of the underside of an awd Vibe? They seem to be scare on the internet and I'd like to see how different the rear subframe, rear suspension and gas tank and such are from the fwd Vibes.

Thanks!
KITT222

Re: Looking for a few awd undercarriage pictures

Post by KITT222 »

Well, I don't have an AWD but I can tell you this, the rear suspension setup in the AWD is the IRS double-wishbone set from the Celica. This, the floor pans are a little different, and trailing arm mounts are completely off.

What's the purpose of your inquiry? IRS swap? AWD conversion? Both are NOT easily achieved, and have never been done. It actually requires some re-engineering and adapting. It's easier to convert an AWD to FWD (transmission, ECU, header and exhaust, all four springs, some floss to remove the AWD badging).
gte

Post by gte »

It would be nice to have a little more traction :) .

I don't know anyone with a Vibe AWD or I would ask them to come over so I could put their car up on my lift and I could take some pictures that way.

I found some Celica pics, they aren't what I would like to see such as how the trailing arm attaches to the body. It would be sweet to see a detailed pic of the trailing arms and subframe, maybe I'll drive around and look for a Vibe AWD and crawl underneath of it?

oscarjm

Post by oscarjm »

I know this is an old post, but I had remembered seeing pictures of an AWD Vibe undercarriage somewhere, and finally found them on the Matrixowners' website. Here:

http://matrixowners.com/index.php?/topi ... underbody/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For some reason, the first time you click on that site it redirects you, but if you go back to the link it works. Its a pretty funny post- the guy puts it up to help everyone else, and then a bunch of posters point out how many leaks he has and how dirty it is.

Hope this helps someone.