Part Numbers for Factory Clutch?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
gtv237

Part Numbers for Factory Clutch?

Post by gtv237 »

Hello there. I have a slight chirping coming from my clutch somewhere. It sounds like a serpentine belt but it goes away completely when I push the clutch. I figure I should just go ahead and replace everything while I'm in there. I'll need the pilot bearing (if it has one), the throwout bearing, the disc and the pressure plate. I read somewhere that you're supposed to replace all the bolts when you do the clutch. Is that true? If so I guess I'll need flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts as well.

I'm planning on buying the parts online from a GM parts retailer. Does anyone have the part numbers? I cant seem to find them ): Its a 2009 1.8 5-speed.
vibenvy

Re: Part Numbers for Factory Clutch?

Post by vibenvy »

What I usually do to find part numbers is go to GMPartsDirect.com, look up the parts you need and add them to your cart. Once you go to checkout, the part numbers will show up in your cart, than you simply close out the page and thus it cancels your order before you actually place it.

I would recommend actually ordering from GMPartsCenter.net though. Their prices are excellent and they only charge an $8.95 handling fee. They don't charge shipping on anything except larger items i.e. body panels, wheels, etc. Also, check out their Facebook page as they are always offering discount codes on there for 5% off any order over $100.00, etc. Great customer service and fast shipping.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Curious as to the mileage on this "new to you" Vibe? Hopefully it is around 150k miles or more. If not then the previous owner didn't know how to drive a stick properly :o
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

vibenvy wrote:What I usually do to find part numbers is go to GMPartsDirect.com, look up the parts you need and add them to your cart. Once you go to checkout, the part numbers will show up in your cart, than you simply close out the page and thus it cancels your order before you actually place it.

I would recommend actually ordering from GMPartsCenter.net though. Their prices are excellent and they only charge an $8.95 handling fee. They don't charge shipping on anything except larger items i.e. body panels, wheels, etc. Also, check out their Facebook page as they are always offering discount codes on there for 5% off any order over $100.00, etc. Great customer service and fast shipping.
Every time I click "add to cart" it takes me to the shopping cart and says "there are no items in your shopping cart".. Is it just my computer or..?

tpollauf wrote:Curious as to the mileage on this "new to you" Vibe? Hopefully it is around 150k miles or more. If not then the previous owner didn't know how to drive a stick properly :o
It's just about to hit 100 grand. The clutch seems fine. I just want to replace it while the transmission is out.
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

Alright, I was able to locate the part number on another generic GM parts site. For anyone who needs them:

Clutch Master Cylinder - 88975066
Clutch Slave Cylinder - 88975037
Flywheel - 19185573
Flywheel Bolt - 19185574
Clutch Disc - 19184052
Pressure Plate - 19184053
Pressure Plate Bolt - ?????????
Clutch Fork - 88975036
Throw Out Bearing - 88969243

Remember this only applies to 2009-2010 models with the 1.8L (2ZR-FE)