2006 pontiac vibe hard start

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Fattyb09

2006 pontiac vibe hard start

Post by Fattyb09 »

Hi guys, i have had my 2006 vibe for 5 years now. I bought it with 22000 miles on it and it now has 95000 miles on it. I had a cai on it and change the oil and filter every 3000 miles on it. I am having some troubles lately. My first trouble is i am having a ton of spark knock, i am a diesel mechanic but i do know that pre ignition causes this and to low of octane fuel does it. I also have heard that carbon build up on top of the piston can cause it too. Any ways i am also having extreme problem with starting. When you turn it over it clicks of nice but then starts mis-firing. The first time it did it i got p0301. The second time i got 0301,0302,0303 and p0300. I understand all the cylinder are mis-firing. How this all started is i think i got a really really bad batch of gas. I pulled out my spark plugs and they were green, like caked stuff green on them with white deposits actually in the spark plug. Now what i did so far to try and correct this is i replaced the intake manifold gaskets, tb intake manifold gasket and spark plugs. Still doing it and it smells like gas be hind my car. So i took apart my intake and looked in their and i have a little oil going into their. Very little pressure in my vent off from valve cover too. But here is the kicker, when i start my car, steam comes out of the vent on the top of the valve cover, kind of smells like gas and isnt brown or blue it is just a mist of steamed gas it smells like. Do you guys think these are my injectors, The only reason why i would think it is because it only does this if i let it sit for extended periods of time..... The injector is failing allowing it not to close all the way and leaking gas in the cylinder. Can someone give me some recommendations on how to figure this out. Also i deal with diesel injectors never gas engine ones. would ebay remanufactored http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-YEAR-WARRANTY ... f1&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. would these be okay in my car even though my stockers are green. Let me know i really would like to get this fixed.
kumquat

Re: 2006 pontiac vibe hard start

Post by kumquat »

How much gas have you run through since the "bad batch"?

You're saying the oil smells like fuel?
Fattyb09

Post by Fattyb09 »

their is a separate tube on the front of the valve cover. Not the pcv one but the front one. When i take that off, steam or like gas vapors are coming out of it that smell like guess wicked only on cold start engine, only sitting after a very long time
Fattyb09

Post by Fattyb09 »

No the oil doesnt smell like gas
Fattyb09

Post by Fattyb09 »

I just did a compression test with engine at 150 degrees or around there.... Might be a hair warmer. But

Initial..final
118-209
120-210
117-211
109-210

So guessing from my compression I think I am in need of some injectors. Can anyone tell me wif my injectors have to be the blue ones or can other injectors work also. Let me know and thanks
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Compression testing deals with the sealing of the combustion chambers (cylinders) during the compression and power strokes. The injectors are completely outside of the cylinders and inject into the intake ports in front of the valves. Your valves, piston rings, and head gasket are the only things that affect compression. The two hoses you're referring to are the PCV and the breather hose, which should be hooked to your intake tube. It's not abnormal for there to be oil in them. As for spraying out mist, I have no idea as I have never run my car with one off of loose, except for the time the breather tube popped off and projectile-vomited oil on the underside of my hood.

Are the final numbers from a wet test, adding oil to each cylinder? If so, that indicates the problem is wear in the rings. Your initial numbers are all well below GM and Toyota's minimum acceptable number of 145 psi.

You may also consider replacing the PCV valve. Your engine shouldn't be venting anything at all on startup if everything is hooked up, and the PCV is the only think I can think of that might cause pressure buildup.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Fattyb09

Post by Fattyb09 »

That I just driving the car home from work and tossing the guage on it. Its a advance auto one so I don't expect then to be perfect. I know for a fact its the injectors now. Also I did a "sealing" test to see why my car runs so bad on cold start up and starts so hard. Can any one tell me what years of vehicles these injectors come from and where I can buy them at a descent price?
Fattyb09

Post by Fattyb09 »

The initial meaning that it was the first bump of compression. Thats what i meant by it when i stated that. I learned over the years that the first bump gives an idea of the conditoin of the valves and mine seem to be in descent condition. I am going to report back with putting new injectors in and see if it does anything.