2009GT Transmission fill port...Where is it?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
leaster1939

2009GT Transmission fill port...Where is it?

Post by leaster1939 »

I am having a VSC failure indication with the check engine light on. Turned VSC off and it worked for a while then the transmission disengaged as if you pushed in the clutch of a manual. Though I would check transmission fluid before I take it a mechanic to get the codes read. I can not find the fill port. Doesn't fail all the time. I just drove it around the neighborhood for 15 min. without an incident. 60K miles in South Carolina weather.
trb

Re: 2009GT Transmission fill port...Where is it?

Post by trb »

The dipstick/fill tube is next to the battery. Mine has a blue dot on the top.

If you have an Autozone or other parts place close by, they can usually read the codes for free.
I've had the VSC and ABS lights come on several times intermittently over the past year and stay on for a short while, but the check engine light never came on too.

Good luck on it!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
triz

Post by triz »

Not sure but most manuals don't have a transmission dipstick. The fill plug is usually right on the transmission above the drain plug at least on the C56/C60's. Usually on those you pump the fluid till it starts to seep from the fill plug.
http://lubedealer.com/mr2ner/home.aspx Please use ZO#5172967
Member discounts when you sign up as Preffered Customer. New Amsoil Customers only
leaster1939

Post by leaster1939 »

Hope I did not mislead anyone...I have a 5 speed automatic. I have crawled under the car and can not find a fill port. I have even removed the air filter and looked from the top.
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

You fill through the dipstick tube. It's right next to the positive terminal of the battery.
Image  Image
leaster1939

Post by leaster1939 »

Thanks, I feel so stupid. How many times I have looked in the engine compartment and never noticed the dip stick.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

leaster1939 wrote:Thanks, I feel so stupid. How many times I have looked in the engine compartment and never noticed the dip stick.
At least you knew how to open the hood ;)

In BMWs and some (maybe all?) VWs fill up from below. I hate BMWs a lot now. The VW Passat wagon I filled and drained a while back was a pleasure, though. Very nice car. I even fixed the guy's front bumper cover for free because I liked that car so much, AND the owner showed that he liked it quite a bit as well.

You still have to check the level with the car running, which is incredibly upsetting if you have it raised on jackstands because you have 0 lifts to use. Nothing like having to be within 2-3 inches of hot exhaust pipes and being unsure of where exactly the drive belts are.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
leaster1939

Post by leaster1939 »

Checked level per instructions in owners manual. Right on the money. Hoping it would be the cause of my earlier post "transmission disengaging".