VSC Alert,2009 GT 2.4 l, 52Kmiles

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
leaster1939

VSC Alert,2009 GT 2.4 l, 52Kmiles

Post by leaster1939 »

VSC light flashing, Skid control icon is on, Engine light is on, Engine runs radically....HELP anyone??
trb

Re: VSC Alert,2009 GT 2.4 l, 52Kmiles

Post by trb »

Find an auto parts store that can read the codes and see what they find. I know the VSC and ABS lights come on intermittently on my 10 GT and then go back off, and others have had issues with dirt or stuff on the ABS sensors that cause the lights to turn on. Now the engine issues, that could be the MAF sensor or something. Pulling the codes should help figuring that out.

Good luck!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
leaster1939

Post by leaster1939 »

Thanks for the response. Turned VSC off and engines runs OK. Definately associated with VSC. Will go by Advanced Auto and get the code read.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

I know this is months later.. But I recently dealt with this too. Turns out the wheel hub assembly went bad.
trb

Post by trb »

My daughter went through it also last week with my GT. But for her, she could not shift it out of park! She tried several times over about 20 minutes, and finally got it to go into gear. I had her run the codes on my Torque app after she got it going, and it triggered something as it said " go to menu to email report" or something like that. Then she ran it again, and it said "no codes found". Hopefully I can look at the codes this weekend as she just returned my car today. I too hope it is just a sensor. If it is a hub, luckily it is still under the 5/100 warranty until August, and that should be covered by it.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

trb wrote:My daughter went through it also last week with my GT. But for her, she could not shift it out of park!
I would look at the brake light switch first. If it isn't working, the solenoid wouldn't be commanded to release the shifter interlock. I can see brake switch input also causing problems with stability control.

Hyundai/Kia has had a bad run of brake light switches over the last several years and one of the first things people noticed was the inability to shift out of park.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
trb

Post by trb »

ColonelPanic wrote:
trb wrote:My daughter went through it also last week with my GT. But for her, she could not shift it out of park!
I would look at the brake light switch first. If it isn't working, the solenoid wouldn't be commanded to release the shifter interlock. I can see brake switch input also causing problems with stability control.

Hyundai/Kia has had a bad run of brake light switches over the last several years and one of the first things people noticed was the inability to shift out of park.
Thanks for the info. I'll check it this weekend. I did notice it was hard to shift once for me, just before she took it, and there was no lights or anything that I recall.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
trb

Post by trb »

An update on mine. I ran codes with my Torque app and got nothing. So I drove it this week and today, I got the flashing lights while driving at lunch. Still no codes. So this evening when I was heading home from work, the lights are still on, and I could not shift from park. I checked the brake lights and nothing, so I know the brake light switch must not be working. Ran back inside the office and grabbed a paperclip to jump the switch and got the computer fooled into letting me shift out of park so I could drive home, but with no brake lights. I felt like a fool using hand signals, and I'll bet very few people knew what I was doing! LOL! So I know I need a new brake switch, but I'm not sure that is what is causing the VSC and ABS lights to turn on. I'll have to check out the hub sensors this weekend I guess.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Take it to a shop. I had something similar. Have them look at the ABS codes. It is likely a speed sensor... or the wire for the speed sensor.
Had to get the speed sensor replaced, I looked at it as they pulled it off, it was very obviously damaged. But what was not obviously was the corroded wire harness for the speed sensor.

Your average oil change / we do a little more shop may not see it, but a transmission place like Aamco Transmissions will have the right reader to see it. I have an OBD-ii reader, and the software for the laptop... and it did not see the error when it was on.
trb

Post by trb »

Thanks. I looked at the connectors on the brake switch and rear sensors and the right side looked OK, so I re-greased it with dielectric grease, but could not remove the left side sensor. Then the lights went away after a day or so. I ended up wiring in a "brake light switch" and installing it in the dash by removing one of the blank plugs by the VSC button, so now if it acts up again, I can bypass the brake switch and at least get the car in gear and manually turn on the brake lights. One of these days I'll pull all the wheels and check all of the connectors and wiring, but it has been about 3 weeks with no lights!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &